Joint Engagement Forum(JEF) – May 2017
Joint Engagement Forum (JEF) meeting held on Tuesday 30th May 2017
Summary of this quarters meeting
This quarter the JEF discussions included:
Health and Social Care Engagement Overview
- National Framework for Sign Language Interpreters
- Direct Payments Focus Group
- Learning Disability website
- Reshaping Personal Care Group
- Learning Disability Partnership Board
- Preparing for Adulthood Strategy
- Carers Engagement
- People with disabilities into employment
- Devon Safeguarding Adults Board Community Reference Group
- Safeguarding Adults forms
- Mystery shopping of call-handling
- Pinpoint testing
- DCC website access
- Garden Gate Project
- Transforming Ageing project
- Joint Equipment Service
- Mental Health involvement
- Equality Reference Group
- LBGT+ Toolkit 2017
Question and Answer session with Tim Golby and Councillor Andrew Leadbetter
Councillor Andrew Leadbetter introduced himself as the new portfolio holder of Adult Social Care and Health as well as Chair of the Health and Wellbeing Board. Tim Golby introduced himself as the Head of Adult Commissioning and Health.
The meeting addressed issues from the following organizations.
- Healthwatch Devon
- Age UK
- Plymouth Racial Equality Council
- Intercom Trust
- Devon Disability Network
- Living Options
- Carers Ambassadors
- Devon People First
Input to the Health and Wellbeing Board
The meeting heard about the Health and Wellbeing Board (H&WBB) and that a seat had been maintained on that Board for to represent the Joint Engagement Forum there.
The H&WBB set priorities based on local need and with the help of the Joint Strategic Needs Assessment the Board can drill down to see the needs locally.
The group gathered ideas for questions that could be asked at he next HWBB meeting, these included:
- Suicide levels in Devon
- Issues around joined – up services not working as well as they could
- Recruitment into Health and Social Care jobs.
Planning for future Engagement and co-production
There was a discussion about the way in which the Joint Engagement Forum was working and anything that could be improved for next time, to consider these issues when planning the next Joint Engagement Forum and the way in which it reports on and supports engagement.