Joint Engagement Forum (JEF) – March 2019
JEF meeting held on Tuesday Tuesday 26th March 2019
Wonford Community Centre, Exeter
10.30am – 2.45pm
The meeting discussed the following:
Devon County Council Adult Social Care Annual Report and Performance – Paul Grimsey in place of Damian Furniss
Paul presented an update for the Annual report, highlighting some points from each section
The report covers everyone who is involved in Adult Social Care. It also highlights what we aim to do.
Main things we are aiming to achieve…
- Support at Home
- Specialist care
- Supporting strategies
The meeting also heard:
- Our achievements working together
- The distinctive role of Adult Social Care
- Aspects that are important in people’s lives for them to feel equipped to be as independent as possible.
- Recent Achievements in Adult Social Care
- Current Challenges in Adult Social Care
- Provider quality as judged by CQC
- Do the adult social care services that people receive help them to feel safe?
NHS engagement update – Jon Sewel in place of Nicola Bonas from CCG Devon County Council
A presentation on the NHS Long Term Plans, starting with question and answer discussion, then the group were asked:
- What does the group think is important to long term plans?
- Do you want to be involved in the planning?
- What groups should we be aware of?
- Who should we be working with?
NHS equality update – Sally Parker – Equality and Diversity Lead New Devon CCG
Sally Parker highlighted some points made by a presentation on Equality Objectives, they included…
- Better Health Outcomes
- Improved Patient Access and Experience
- A Representative and Supported Workforce
- Improving Health Outcomes and Experience.
- Sharing knowledge and good practice
Devon Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Promotion and Engagement
- The commissioning intentions
- Improving engagement
- Implementing an annual equality conference, for Devon to share learning, good practice and network
- Creating a forward plan for involvement in events and theme days
Local Engagement Round-up
The JEF received updates on the following engagement activities in the last quarter…
- LDPB Update – Robert Hawken
- My Life and Goals for the Future – Nicole Summers
- Carers’ Ambassador Report – Anne Brand and June Waldron
- Health and Wellbeing Board – Diana Crump
- AIG update – Trish Darke on behalf of Richard Blair Brown
- Commissioning Involvement Group (CIG) Update – Roger Trapani
- Equality Update – Diana Crump