Commissioning Involvement Group (CIG) – April 2019
CIG meeting held on 23rd April 2019
Summary of meeting
The CIG discussions included:
Social Prescribing – Mark De Bernhardt Lane
Mark De Bernhardt Lane came to the CIG to present an overview of Social Prescribing (SP). He explained that It is a social solution for Health and wellbeing which is not about medication. It is about the community helping others.
Mark asked for everyone’s views, issues including in the discussions were:
- Existing funding cuts in community groups
- Gaps in the Community and how the Statutory sector can help the local levels sustain themselves.
- Keeping patient needs at the centre by reconciling local groups
- Toolkits as a pathway for individuals to get help particularly people who become carers
- Using centers of excellence for examples
- How the Better Care Fund has been used for pilot schemes
- Existing assets that are available in communities
- Engagement and involvement of the CIG