Commissioning Involvement Group (CIG) – November 2020
CIG meeting held on 23rd November 2020
Summary of meeting
A presentation on Integration – Paul Giblin
The presentation included:
- Explanations of the NHS and DCC systems and how they differ.
- Devon’s extra challenges because of the complicated local organisational landscape.
- Inconsistencies of integration of both Commissioning and Provider organisations in Devon and the reasons for them.
- What parts of the Councils Social Care comes from.
- How the commissioning part of DCC buys most social care provision from a market of independent providers and the assessment of social care needs undertaken by the Operations part of DCC.
- Where state healthcare comes from and what hospital trusts across Devon.
- Services nationally commissioned by NHS England.
- A breakdown of how the operational part of DCC Social Care is integrated with the provider part of the NHS, on a geographical basis.
The important thing is that the same principle is being pursued in different ways with positive results, such as:
- Better hospital discharge.
- Rapid responses to incidents like falls.
- Improved equipment provision.
- More efficient mental health assessments.