Autism Involvement Group (AIG) – September 2021
AIG meeting held on 14th September 2021
This AIG discussions included:
Strategic updates from:
- Devon County Council, Commissioning and Operational
- Please note that attendance by DCC Adult Social Care Commissioning was not possible for this AIG meeting, because most Operational and Commissioning Managers have been seconded into practical roles to try and ensure care is provided to vulnerable people due to staff shortages caused by the pandemic and social isolation measures.
- DAANA Autism Spectrum Condition (ASC) & ADHD waiting list and recruitment updates and other DPT developments.
Rachel supplied a PowerPoint presentation previously circulated to AIG members and talked through it which included:
- Waiting lists
- Post Diagnostic interventions
- New National Autism Strategy
- Trish noted that the National Strategy for autistic children and young people 2021 – 2026 is the biggest ever investment in autistic people in England.
- GP Awareness Working Group Update
- The GP awareness working group launched a survey previously, the results were reportedon by LOD and were dire. We discussed practical ways for GPs to find out about how autism presents itself, acknowledging the pressures of their work that are discouraging GPs from making referrals, we feel that there is need to give them resources to signpost to for any enquiries about further advice, we are aware of limited resources.
Dimensions for Autism (DFA) Update including Autism Alert Card
Alert card funding
We are waiting for Devon and Cornwall Police to tell us when to collect the cards, Devon Link Up have DFA details on their site with regards to the card, we have had 80 referrals.
Some of the DFA meetings (below) are being held online until further notice. AIG heard the latest information about meetings and groups that they provide for autistic people all over Devon.