The plan shows Option 2 for a closure of Dryden Road to motor vehicles at a location between The Cedars access and Bovemoor’s Lane junction. Only cyclists and pedestrians would be permitted access along this section of Dryden Road. Vehicle access to property driveways would also be maintained.
Two-way access for motor vehicles would be permitted along Dryden Road between Barrack Road and The Cedars access and between Bovemoor’s Lane and Wonford Street.
1. Removes through traffic along Dryden Road.
2. Provides low traffic route and attractive environment for pedestrians & cyclists.
3. Enables good quality section of cycle route.
4. Easy vehicle access between NHS sites on Dryden Road.
5. Reduction in traffic flows along Bovemoor’s Lane, compared to temporary closure/Option 1.
1. Longer journeys to access some properties by vehicle.
2. Increase to traffic on other roads in the adjacent highway network.