Fund title: Trees Call to Action Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
A new fund with grants of between £250,000 and £500,000 for projects that create woodlands, develop forestry skills and improve people’s access to nature
Expressions of Interest by 16 November 2021
The new Trees Call to Action Fund (TCAF) has been launched to support projects that increase woodland cover, improve access to woods and help people to engage with trees. The fund will also support projects to increase capacity and skills in the forestry sector and create jobs. The fund is being administered by the National Lottery Heritage Fund in partnership with the Forestry Commission, on behalf of Defra.
Projects should aim to deliver the objectives of the England Trees Action Plan:
- expanding and connecting our trees and woodlands
- trees and woodlands as part of the green economy
- protecting and improving our trees and woodlands
- connecting people with trees and woodlands.
This fund is available to:
- partnerships or consortia of local authorities
- environmental charities
- not-for-profit organisations of all sizes, including:
- Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONBs)
- National Park Authorities
- Local Nature Partnerships
- Local Enterprise Partnerships.
The total available funding is £6 million to be awarded in 2021–2022. It is anticipated that in the region of 15–20 grants will be awarded.
Grants of £250,000 to £500,000 are available for projects to deliver by March 2025.