Fund title: Together for Our Planet
Focus of fund/fund aims:
National Lottery grants for community-led action on climate change
18 November 2021
Together for Our Planet is a new programme offering grants to support communities across the UK to take action on climate change.
In November 2021, the UK will host the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26) in Glasgow. The UK Government’s Together for Our Planet initiative has been created to engage people with COP26 and inspire positive climate action. National Lottery funding will support this by helping communities to take action on climate change.
Projects should reflect what matters to your community and can be small in scale. They could cover an area such as:
- waste and consumption
- the natural environment.
Awards of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available for activities and equipment that meet at least two of the following criteria:
- It supports the development of longer-term climate action within communities (that is, taking place after the COP26 event in November)
- It encourages communities to plan for the climate emergency – to consider what climate action could mean to them and why it matters
- It celebrates the importance of community-led climate action and encourages more people to get involved
- It builds resilience in communities that are hardest hit by climate change
- It provides jobs, skills or training opportunities for communities that support climate action
A wide range of not-for-profit organisations can apply including registered charities, voluntary and community groups, CICs, schools and local authorities.