Fund title: Skills Support for the Workforce
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funded training to help small businesses in the Heart of the South West to progress and improve their profitability
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance the skills of employees, increase business competitiveness and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means that, subject to eligibility, businesses can access a wide range of training free of charge.
Businesses can benefit from:
- a training needs analysis
- flexible training
- on-the-job vocational training including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- recognised accredited qualifications and training courses
- support to help employees progress onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships.
SSW in Heart of the South West is managed by Serco in partnership with Heart of the South West LEP.
Search the site
- RT @RuralMicros: Are you a Jack or Jill of all trades? A #carpenter #electrician #plumber or #builder? We’re looking for a variety o… https://t.co/nUe9UxgG4l 12h ago
- RT @TheSmallAwards: Applications are OPEN! We want to hear how fabulous your small business is, from coffee shops to card makers, dog g… https://t.co/yXoGBchb07 12h ago
- RT @ExIST_Exeter: Do you run a #STEMM business? Come to @ExIST_Exeter's quarterly event on 5th February at @SandyParkExeter to learn… https://t.co/99SojeistF 12h ago
- RT @HotswskillsC: Apprentices #fireitup in a collaboration with @FireItUp_Apps & @jamaledwards showing how bright a future can be wit… https://t.co/frtCwRPA35 2d ago