Fund title: Skills Support for the Workforce
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funded training to help small businesses in the Heart of the South West to progress and improve their profitability
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance the skills of employees, increase business competitiveness and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means that, subject to eligibility, businesses can access a wide range of training free of charge.
Businesses can benefit from:
- a training needs analysis
- flexible training
- on-the-job vocational training including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- recognised accredited qualifications and training courses
- support to help employees progress onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships.
SSW in Heart of the South West is managed by Serco in partnership with Heart of the South West LEP.
Search the site
- RT @DevonCC: If you’re visiting our beautiful outdoor spaces in #Devon then please be respectful and do the right thing to stop… https://t.co/eDTV0ZndPG 3d ago
- RT @AlanD_TDA: Sharing an image showing progress at the Claylands Business Park. This scheme, managed by @TorbayTDA funded by… https://t.co/vyddpSKmxd 4d ago
- RT @eastdevon: NEWS RELEASE...@eastdevon Council Leader Cllr Paul Arnott welcomes multi-million-pound funding awarded for new buil… https://t.co/CWQcO99i7v 4d ago
- RT @SCC_Careers: At @SomersetCouncil we’re passionate about getting more young people into the workplace. We have nearly 300 apprent… https://t.co/hYrC5Xf9F3 5d ago