Fund title: Skills Support for the Workforce
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funded training to help small businesses in the Heart of the South West to progress and improve their profitability
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance the skills of employees, increase business competitiveness and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means that, subject to eligibility, businesses can access a wide range of training free of charge.
Businesses can benefit from:
- a training needs analysis
- flexible training
- on-the-job vocational training including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- recognised accredited qualifications and training courses
- support to help employees progress onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships.
SSW in Heart of the South West is managed by Serco in partnership with Heart of the South West LEP.
Search the site
- RT @TownExmouth: We'll be rocking around the #Christmas tree in #Exmouth on Friday 6th December! Come down to the Strand from 3… https://t.co/E6Avzz1R7C 3d ago
- RT @TownExmouth: Please help us to make #Exmouth #beach fully #inclusive by supporting our beach #wheelchair project! ️♿️ For more… https://t.co/wpshnbzXUm 3d ago
- RT @GrowthHubHOTSW: Hurry !! Fully funded - FREE to access Business Support. Available for businesses in agriculture & fisheries, farm… https://t.co/ZmbIfLiDXB 3d ago
- RT @HotswskillsC: If you’re interested in workforce #digitalskills development, there are still spaces left to join us for our… https://t.co/9GN4NPoOqR 5d ago