Fund title: Skills Support for the Workforce
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funded training to help small businesses in the Heart of the South West to progress and improve their profitability
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance the skills of employees, increase business competitiveness and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means that, subject to eligibility, businesses can access a wide range of training free of charge.
Businesses can benefit from:
- a training needs analysis
- flexible training
- on-the-job vocational training including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- recognised accredited qualifications and training courses
- support to help employees progress onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships.
SSW in Heart of the South West is managed by Serco in partnership with Heart of the South West LEP.
Search the site
- RT @JCPinDevon: New opportunities are now available for Stock Assistants with @LidlGB on a minimum 4 week fixed term contract. Appl… https://t.co/Dbge2TaJ21 1d ago
- RT @HotswskillsC: Stay home. Stay safe. Eat fish. #keepswworking #staysafestayhome #innovate #SmallBiz #COVID19 https://t.co/euBmtjmCiE 1d ago
- RT @DevonCC: A huge thank you to all our brilliant care workers going above and beyond Together #WeAreDevon https://t.co/Burr8IWiqf 1d ago
- Our colleagues @DCCSCCBroadband and @Ofcom have produced some #toptips for improving your broadband. We found the a… https://t.co/3AP1oMO6Ma 1d ago