Fund title: Skills Support for the Workforce
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funded training to help small businesses in the Heart of the South West to progress and improve their profitability
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance the skills of employees, increase business competitiveness and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means that, subject to eligibility, businesses can access a wide range of training free of charge.
Businesses can benefit from:
- a training needs analysis
- flexible training
- on-the-job vocational training including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- recognised accredited qualifications and training courses
- support to help employees progress onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships.
SSW in Heart of the South West is managed by Serco in partnership with Heart of the South West LEP.
Search the site
- RT @BIPsouthwest: Need to re-evaluate and adapt your business? An independent advisor will give an outside view to help adapt your… https://t.co/cR3zJWYPX2 1 month ago
- RT @DCCApprentices: Massive Congratulations to Cleo! Well deserved! Great for our apprentices to be recognised for all their hard work… https://t.co/AoH1T91Glo 1 month ago
- RT @DCCApprentices: Woohoo!!!! Really pleased to have received this award Virtual Award Ceremony was fantastic and enjoyed by the tea… https://t.co/sPyiNMyBhR 1 month ago
- RT @GeneratorHub: SNAZZY NEW WEBSITE ALERT! All the info on our #Exeter office spaces can be found at https://t.co/8NbetzsReL https://t.co/f6AgmadBQA 1 month ago