Fund title: Skills Support for the Workforce
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funded training to help small businesses in the Heart of the South West to progress and improve their profitability
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance the skills of employees, increase business competitiveness and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means that, subject to eligibility, businesses can access a wide range of training free of charge.
Businesses can benefit from:
- a training needs analysis
- flexible training
- on-the-job vocational training including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- recognised accredited qualifications and training courses
- support to help employees progress onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships.
SSW in Heart of the South West is managed by Serco in partnership with Heart of the South West LEP.
Search the site
- RT @DevonCC: Four new work hubs are being established across Devon with funding from the @HeartofSWLEP #gettingbuildingfund anno… https://t.co/eLLU8RcwpQ 3d ago
- RT @DevonCC: Devon Delivers, which aims to encourage businesses to relocate to the county, has launched a new video and website… https://t.co/k3Kk5h1x7H 3d ago
- RT @Exeter_Works: If you're a school or college leaver, we know that this time can be nerve wracking as you await your results. Our… https://t.co/n15S4ECbEf 4d ago
- RT @BIPsouthwest: We're looking for a full-time, office based receptionist to join our team based in #Okehampton. Being a Kickstart p… https://t.co/66A3BBAmZB 4d ago