Fund title: Skills Support for the Workforce
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funded training to help small businesses in the Heart of the South West to progress and improve their profitability
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance the skills of employees, increase business competitiveness and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means that, subject to eligibility, businesses can access a wide range of training free of charge.
Businesses can benefit from:
- a training needs analysis
- flexible training
- on-the-job vocational training including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- recognised accredited qualifications and training courses
- support to help employees progress onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships.
SSW in Heart of the South West is managed by Serco in partnership with Heart of the South West LEP.
Search the site
- RT @NHSDevonCCG: Want to be part of the biggest vaccination programme in our history? We need volunteer marshals and stewards to… https://t.co/xAvkcljnlj 3d ago
- RT @GrowthHubHOTSW: Calling all South West based SME manufacturers! Please take a moment to complete the SWMAS survey to share how you… https://t.co/TPtkv0zIfL 4d ago
- RT @ExeterCouncil: ‼️ Volunteers urgently needed for Covid-19 vaccination centres ‼️ With the rollout of a Covid-19 mass vaccination… https://t.co/6hZB8rkF9y 4d ago
- RT @GrowthHubHOTSW: The @ERDF_GSP has launched its new “Adapt + Revive” initiative for #SouthWest businesses. Improve your business’s… https://t.co/32cokqjC30 4d ago