Fund title: Skills Support for the Workforce
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funded training to help small businesses in the Heart of the South West to progress and improve their profitability
Skills Support for the Workforce (SSW) is a programme developed to upskill employees within small and medium-sized businesses in Devon, Plymouth, Somerset and Torbay. SSW provides recognised accredited qualifications and bespoke training courses to enhance the skills of employees, increase business competitiveness and boost the local economy.
SSW is co-financed by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social Fund. This means that, subject to eligibility, businesses can access a wide range of training free of charge.
Businesses can benefit from:
- a training needs analysis
- flexible training
- on-the-job vocational training including taught learning, workplace assessment, distance learning and online learning
- recognised accredited qualifications and training courses
- support to help employees progress onto higher level qualifications or apprenticeships.
SSW in Heart of the South West is managed by Serco in partnership with Heart of the South West LEP.
Search the site
- RT @HeartofSWLEP: The 'Building sustainable towns and cities 2019' conference is taking place 18 September in London this year. A gr… https://t.co/R220McZ1Am 2d ago
- RT @ERDF_GSP: Getting to grips with #SEO and #SocialMedia. Explore the factors that affect your search engine ranking and pick up… https://t.co/Wv3awTiiap 2d ago
- Three new opportunities are now available to bid for ESF funding for HotSW. To find out more and how to apply click… https://t.co/rOO6WS7040 2d ago
- RT @ERDF_GSP: "Our business advisor, Kim, has sat with us when we have felt completely lost and has signposted us to where we nee… https://t.co/SEX1kWE2Tf 3d ago