Fund title: Productivity Experts
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants to help local authorities, national parks and fire services to make efficiency savings
Applications may be submitted at any time
The Productivity Experts programme from the Local Government Association (LGA) supports councils to make efficiency savings against a backdrop of decreasing funding and increasing demand for services. It offers direct bespoke advice and support to councils to help them deliver efficiency savings or income generation.
The aims of the Productivity Experts programme are to:
- provide external challenge, mentoring and advice to officer(s) or member(s) to deliver efficiencies or income generation
- support approaches that will boost productivity within a council
- work with councils who may subsequently supply the ‘experts’ of the future, to provide a model for ongoing sector-led support and challenge.
Local authorities, Fire and Rescue Services and National Parks in England are eligible to apply. As well as accepting applications from individual councils the LGA welcome joint applications from councils wanting to work in partnership to access expert support.
A grant of £7,000 per project is available. The productivity expert will provide 12 days of support.
The LGA can give out 25 grants to different authorities in a financial year.
Applications can be submitted at any time. However, once the grants have been given out for the year the LGA cannot provide any more. Applicants are therefore encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible within the financial year.
Search the site
- Businesses can support the @HeartofSWLEP to shape and deliver their skills strategies by completing this skills su… https://t.co/IIuVgg0ZDy 1d ago
- RT @eastdevon: Local Leaders welcome the news that regional connectivity safeguards @flybe future https://t.co/RMHMSZcKVz… https://t.co/gSgFu3LbC9 2d ago
- RT @RickTurnerDevon: Today has seen the publication of the Great South West Prospectus. - let’s build a SW Powerhouse focused on green g… https://t.co/YOMGCeA0I1 2d ago
- RT @EEDEnterpriseZ: Check out the latest @ExIST_Exeter Insight mag for @ExeterSciencePk feature and interview with @sallybasker to lea… https://t.co/C7YbQCj5wu 2d ago