Fund title: Power to Change: Bright Ideas Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Business development support, grants and peer learning for groups and organisations that intend to become a community business
The Bright Ideas Fund supports new community business ideas through the start-up and planning stages to the implementation stage with tailored business support and grants of up to £15,000.
Applications can be made by community groups, associations and organisations across England which have a good idea for a community business but need help developing it, or which are just starting out. Applicant organisations must not have been constituted for more than 5 years at the time of making an application.
The Bright Ideas Fund aims to give community groups the support they need to take the first practical steps towards launching a community business. The fund sets out four key features of a community business:
- locally rooted
- accountable to the local community
- trading for the benefit of the local community
- broad community impact
Search the site
- RT @ExCCBusiness: The latest information on funding opportunities to support business, environmental and social projects in Devon… https://t.co/YGhU6mTx8O 16h ago
- RT @TedWraggTrust: A group of children from @WestExeSchool are #finalists in the Nesta Longitude Explorer Prize 2020, for designing a… https://t.co/l4A6yOVOTo 2 weeks ago
- RT @ExeterSkills: .@spacepsm @YEDevonUK @DCCeconomy @FabLabDevon @ExeterSciencePk @ExeCityFutures Thrilled to hear @WestExeSchool tea… https://t.co/9FSFGcK3tD 2 weeks ago
- RT @WeAreLikeMinds: The Lockdown Festival for Business 25th-29th May - https://t.co/m0PMPp74V7 https://t.co/LgGlfBxs7P 3 weeks ago