Fund title: Power to Change: Bright Ideas Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Business development support, grants and peer learning for groups and organisations that intend to become a community business. COVID-19 UPDATE: C-19 BRIGHT IDEAS SUPPORT FUND FOR CURRENT GRANT-HOLDERS ONLY
The Bright Ideas Fund supports new community business ideas through the start-up and planning stages to the implementation stage with tailored business support and grants of up to £15,000.
Applications can be made by community groups, associations and organisations across England which have a good idea for a community business but need help developing it, or which are just starting out. Applicant organisations must not have been constituted for more than 5 years at the time of making an application.
The Bright Ideas Fund aims to give community groups the support they need to take the first practical steps towards launching a community business. The fund sets out four key features of a community business:
- locally rooted
- accountable to the local community
- trading for the benefit of the local community
- broad community impact
Search the site
- RT @Apprenticeships: Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 22 February, the 'Providing apprenticeships during the coronavirus… https://t.co/lg8E1CUIFa 2d ago
- RT @ERDF_Enhance: . @ERDF_GSP is offering a free programme to boost South West businesses and social enterprises – offering 1:1s with… https://t.co/qYb6bEpKz8 2d ago
- RT @Apprenticeships: Employing an apprentice is easier than you think and there’s financial support and help available from the governme… https://t.co/gXPbMQDyKQ 2d ago
- RT @BIPCDevon: How often is your first step doing a quick Google search? Nigel Wilkinson shares tips on getting your website found… https://t.co/BdyVa5YWYk 2d ago