Fund title: Places to Ride
Focus of fund/fund aims:
A £15m programme to create and improve cycling facilities in communities across England
Applications may be submitted at any time up until January 2021
The Places to Ride programme is now inviting applications for grants and support from the new £15million initiative. It will invest in community-based, accessible cycling facilities. The aim is to encourage increased participation in cycling, encourage existing cyclists to ride more regularly and encourage new cyclists to take part.
The key objectives of the programme are:
- Inspiring people to ride
- Connecting the community
- Building a lasting legacy
The funding will support small- and medium-scale facility improvements or equipment through to large-scale new-build facilities.
The funding is divided between:
- Small grants (£1,000 to £50,000) – for equipment, cycle storage, small-scale facilities or venue improvements
- Large grants (£50,000 to £500,000) – typically for new facilities or significant improvements to existing venues
- Equipment packages – kits for schools, clubs and community groups for activities and events or to encourage/welcome cyclists
Applications will be accepted from not-for-profit organisations located in England, including clubs, local authorities, community organisations, education establishments and charitable organisations.
Search the site
- RT @WeAreLikeMinds: Business Breakfast TV with James Wallman, Founder, The Future is Here - https://t.co/mLH9nGjy6C https://t.co/1kVHDGKu0l 10h ago
- RT @GrowthHubHOTSW: Free webinar facilitated by @HeartofSWLEP for employers on why supporting new and existing carers in your workforce… https://t.co/KQ37CcUXQG 10h ago
- RT @devonclimate: Fantastic work from @ExeterCouncil creating a pioneering solar farm & battery storage project. The innovative s… https://t.co/nontWmArqg 10h ago
- RT @DevonCC: Connecting Devon and Somerset has launched its Fibre Extension Programme which will provide more than 8,000 homes a… https://t.co/TWJ6BaqgGs 10h ago