Fund title: Places to Ride
Focus of fund/fund aims:
A £15m programme to create and improve cycling facilities in communities across England
The programme will now close to Stage 1 applications on 16 November 2020. The Stage 2 deadline is 15 January 2021.
The Places to Ride programme is now inviting applications for grants and support from the new £15million initiative. It will invest in community-based, accessible cycling facilities. The aim is to encourage increased participation in cycling, encourage existing cyclists to ride more regularly and encourage new cyclists to take part.
The key objectives of the programme are:
- Inspiring people to ride
- Connecting the community
- Building a lasting legacy
The funding will support small- and medium-scale facility improvements or equipment through to large-scale new-build facilities.
The funding is divided between:
- Small grants (£1,000 to £50,000) – for equipment, cycle storage, small-scale facilities or venue improvements
- Large grants (£50,000 to £500,000) – typically for new facilities or significant improvements to existing venues
- Equipment packages – kits for schools, clubs and community groups for activities and events or to encourage/welcome cyclists
Applications will be accepted from not-for-profit organisations located in England, including clubs, local authorities, community organisations, education establishments and charitable organisations.
Search the site
- An initiative to drive investment in the UK's most innovative firms. https://t.co/9xxv7dzluH 6d ago
- RT @DevonRecruit: Want to work in Devon? Are you looking for a new job or thinking about a change in career? The Devonjobs site rece… https://t.co/ZJInI1PHHZ 2 weeks ago
- RT @ExeterCouncil: 5 actions you can do during #BeesNeedsWeek are: Grow more flowers, shrubs and trees Let gardens grow wild Cu… https://t.co/Mlc0LpcUPC 2 weeks ago
- RT @ExeterCouncil: There's a little something that everybody can do for pollinators during #BeesNeedsWeek Find out more with… https://t.co/qAGYCCSo1N 2 weeks ago