Fund title: Places to Ride
Focus of fund/fund aims:
A £15m programme to create and improve cycling facilities in communities across England
The programme will now close to Stage 1 applications on 16 November 2020. The Stage 2 deadline is 15 January 2021.
The Places to Ride programme is now inviting applications for grants and support from the new £15million initiative. It will invest in community-based, accessible cycling facilities. The aim is to encourage increased participation in cycling, encourage existing cyclists to ride more regularly and encourage new cyclists to take part.
The key objectives of the programme are:
- Inspiring people to ride
- Connecting the community
- Building a lasting legacy
The funding will support small- and medium-scale facility improvements or equipment through to large-scale new-build facilities.
The funding is divided between:
- Small grants (£1,000 to £50,000) – for equipment, cycle storage, small-scale facilities or venue improvements
- Large grants (£50,000 to £500,000) – typically for new facilities or significant improvements to existing venues
- Equipment packages – kits for schools, clubs and community groups for activities and events or to encourage/welcome cyclists
Applications will be accepted from not-for-profit organisations located in England, including clubs, local authorities, community organisations, education establishments and charitable organisations.
Search the site
- RT @Apprenticeships: Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 22 February, the 'Providing apprenticeships during the coronavirus… https://t.co/lg8E1CUIFa 3d ago
- RT @ERDF_Enhance: . @ERDF_GSP is offering a free programme to boost South West businesses and social enterprises – offering 1:1s with… https://t.co/qYb6bEpKz8 3d ago
- RT @Apprenticeships: Employing an apprentice is easier than you think and there’s financial support and help available from the governme… https://t.co/gXPbMQDyKQ 3d ago
- RT @BIPCDevon: How often is your first step doing a quick Google search? Nigel Wilkinson shares tips on getting your website found… https://t.co/BdyVa5YWYk 3d ago