Fund title: Places to Ride
Focus of fund/fund aims:
A £15m programme to create and improve cycling facilities in communities across England
The programme will now close to Stage 1 applications on 16 November 2020. The Stage 2 deadline is 15 January 2021.
The Places to Ride programme is now inviting applications for grants and support from the new £15million initiative. It will invest in community-based, accessible cycling facilities. The aim is to encourage increased participation in cycling, encourage existing cyclists to ride more regularly and encourage new cyclists to take part.
The key objectives of the programme are:
- Inspiring people to ride
- Connecting the community
- Building a lasting legacy
The funding will support small- and medium-scale facility improvements or equipment through to large-scale new-build facilities.
The funding is divided between:
- Small grants (£1,000 to £50,000) – for equipment, cycle storage, small-scale facilities or venue improvements
- Large grants (£50,000 to £500,000) – typically for new facilities or significant improvements to existing venues
- Equipment packages – kits for schools, clubs and community groups for activities and events or to encourage/welcome cyclists
Applications will be accepted from not-for-profit organisations located in England, including clubs, local authorities, community organisations, education establishments and charitable organisations.
Search the site
- RT @BIPsouthwest: Want to start your own business? If you're based in West Devon or South Hams we can offer FREE one-to-one business… https://t.co/0EUt2e3dYF 2d ago
- RT @ERDF_GSP: Businesses in Northern Devon can sign up to @Cosmic_UK lockdown series for SMEs in the tourism and creative sectors… https://t.co/zmnKTrqQet 2d ago
- RT @bizsupportgovuk: Do you need advice on managing your business? Access free business support from @acasorguk… https://t.co/vAeq8TpZB9 2d ago
- Community Manager #JobOpportunity in #Barnstaple #NorthDevon https://t.co/AHM7yBEogx… #Business #Enterpreneurship… https://t.co/e4V7qkqJHg 2d ago