Fund title: PCAN Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Small grants to support projects that promote and increase understanding of place-based climate action in the UK
Expressions of Interest by 26 May 2020
The aim of the PCAN Fund is to support projects that promote and increase understanding of place-based climate action in the UK. The fund provides small grants for both research and the development of policy and practice.
The PCAN fund is looking for diverse and innovative proposals spanning different activities and disciplines, which support the design and delivery of local climate action in the UK.
Proposals for projects that address the following issues are invited:
- the interface between local climate action and economic regeneration
- new business and community engagement models for climate resilience and adaptation at the local level
- place-based climate action in rural areas
- approaches to climate action in the context of multi-level governance
- other innovative proposals on place-based climate action in the UK
Projects can focus on a particular location, as long as they clearly inform or advance understanding of local climate action across the UK.
Applications are invited from both practitioners (policy makers, businesses, NGOs etc) and academic researchers.
The 2020 funding round will make four to six awards worth £5,000 – £35,000 each, for a total of £125,000.