Fund title: More than a Pub: Community Pub Business Support Programme
Focus of fund/fund aims:
A programme to provide business development support and grant/loan funding to enable the community ownership of pubs in both rural and urban communities across England.
The programme will remain open until all funding and support has been allocated
The More than a Pub programme offers a flexible package of financial and business-development support to help communities to save their local pub through the purchase or long-term lease of the premises, and to grow the range of services they offer to help local people. The programme is funded by Power to Change and administered by the Plunkett Foundation.
The programme offers:
- Action planning
- Learning, events and peer networking
- Bursary funding of up to £2,500 – to fund development costs at the pre-feasibility stage
- Business development advice
- Loan and grant combined funding package of up to £100,000 towards capital costs
Applications will be considered from groups with the legal status of Community Benefit Society, Co-operative Society, Company Limited by Guarantee and Community Interest Company that intend to take ownership of an existing pub, which has either recently been closed or has ceased trading and is for sale, and that want to open and run the pub as a community business.
The programme will be open for applications until all of the funding and support has been allocated. This is expected to be by September 2020.
Search the site
- RT @TedWraggTrust: A group of children from @WestExeSchool are #finalists in the Nesta Longitude Explorer Prize 2020, for designing a… https://t.co/l4A6yOVOTo 2 weeks ago
- RT @ExeterSkills: .@spacepsm @YEDevonUK @DCCeconomy @FabLabDevon @ExeterSciencePk @ExeCityFutures Thrilled to hear @WestExeSchool tea… https://t.co/9FSFGcK3tD 2 weeks ago
- RT @WeAreLikeMinds: The Lockdown Festival for Business 25th-29th May - https://t.co/m0PMPp74V7 https://t.co/LgGlfBxs7P 2 weeks ago
- RT @ERDF_Enhance: Fully funded webinars in which you will learn about all aspects of starting a #socent, how to measure social impact… https://t.co/DPE1WivA1t 2 weeks ago