Fund title: Loneliness COVID-19 Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants to expand the capacity of national organisations to support those most at risk of loneliness as a result of coronavirus
29 May 2020
National organisations working to tackle loneliness and build social connections are invited to apply for a share of £5 million of government funding. Grants of between £500,000 and £1,000,000 are available for activities that provide immediate targeted relief to those most at risk of loneliness, and to contribute to the evidence base on COVID-19 and loneliness.
Charities or benevolent and philanthropic organisations providing frontline services with a national reach can apply for grants for services that:
- can demonstrate their ability to reach people in ‘cold spots’ where informal neighbourly support and small local charities are not able to fully meet needs around social connection
- serve the needs of groups particularly at risk of loneliness
- continue, adapt or expand existing provision where there is a track record of successful delivery
- cannot be provided without this additional funding
Services must meet all of these aims to be eligible for this funding.
The funding can be used by umbrella organisations who wish to give grants to local organisations underneath them.
Search the site
- RT @ExCCBusiness: The latest information on funding opportunities to support business, environmental and social projects in Devon… https://t.co/YGhU6mTx8O 16h ago
- RT @TedWraggTrust: A group of children from @WestExeSchool are #finalists in the Nesta Longitude Explorer Prize 2020, for designing a… https://t.co/l4A6yOVOTo 2 weeks ago
- RT @ExeterSkills: .@spacepsm @YEDevonUK @DCCeconomy @FabLabDevon @ExeterSciencePk @ExeCityFutures Thrilled to hear @WestExeSchool tea… https://t.co/9FSFGcK3tD 2 weeks ago
- RT @WeAreLikeMinds: The Lockdown Festival for Business 25th-29th May - https://t.co/m0PMPp74V7 https://t.co/LgGlfBxs7P 3 weeks ago