Fund title: Local Connections Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Small and micro grants for charities and voluntary organisations with projects that bring people together and help to reduce loneliness and isolation
Round 1: 26 January 2021. Round 2: 6 August 2021
The Local Connections Fund is a new £4million fund to help charities and community groups bring people together safely so that they feel more connected within their communities.
The funding is from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) and the National Lottery Community Fund which are each contributing £2million to the fund.
The Local Connections Fund will make hundreds of ‘microgrants’ of between £300 and £2,500 to support small, local organisations (with an annual income of £50,000 or less) to:
- build relationships in and across communities to help reduce loneliness and build connections between people and communities
- bring together organisations to celebrate their work, share learning and create peer networks.
The money can be spent on running costs such as salaries and expenses, small-scale equipment and small-scale venue improvements.
Search the site
- RT @devonclimate: We are working to create a resilient, net-zero Devon, where people & nature thrive. Head to our website to look at… https://t.co/yUTBoNaUO1 20h ago
- RT @devonclimate: Have you heard!? We’re holding a citizens’ assembly to discuss how Devon should meet the big challenges of climate… https://t.co/8fCosDxwde 20h ago
- RT @BIPCDevon: Do you identify as female & run your own business, or want to start one? Are you aged 18 or over? Are you based in… https://t.co/SiNWUDgS8g 20h ago
- RT @GrowthHubHOTSW: Able Futures provides mental health support to people in work. The Access to Work Mental Health Support Service is… https://t.co/DIHzBhJVlR 20h ago