Fund title: Local Connections Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Small and micro grants for charities and voluntary organisations with projects that bring people together and help to reduce loneliness and isolation
Round 1: 26 January 2021. Round 2: Summer 2021 (tbc)
The Local Connections Fund is a new £4million fund to help charities and community groups bring people together safely so that they feel more connected within their communities.
The funding is from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) and the National Lottery Community Fund which are each contributing £2million to the fund.
The Local Connections Fund will make hundreds of ‘microgrants’ of between £300 and £2,500 to support small, local organisations (with an annual income of £50,000 or less) to:
- build relationships in and across communities to help reduce loneliness and build connections between people and communities
- bring together organisations to celebrate their work, share learning and create peer networks.
The money can be spent on running costs such as salaries and expenses, small-scale equipment and small-scale venue improvements.
Search the site
- RT @NHSDevonCCG: Want to be part of the biggest vaccination programme in our history? We need volunteer marshals and stewards to… https://t.co/xAvkcljnlj 6d ago
- RT @GrowthHubHOTSW: Calling all South West based SME manufacturers! Please take a moment to complete the SWMAS survey to share how you… https://t.co/TPtkv0zIfL 6d ago
- RT @ExeterCouncil: ‼️ Volunteers urgently needed for Covid-19 vaccination centres ‼️ With the rollout of a Covid-19 mass vaccination… https://t.co/6hZB8rkF9y 6d ago
- RT @GrowthHubHOTSW: The @ERDF_GSP has launched its new “Adapt + Revive” initiative for #SouthWest businesses. Improve your business’s… https://t.co/32cokqjC30 6d ago