Fund title: Local Connections Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Small and micro grants for charities and voluntary organisations with projects that bring people together and help to reduce loneliness and isolation
Round 1: 26 January 2021. Round 2: Summer 2021 (tbc)
The Local Connections Fund is a new £4million fund to help charities and community groups bring people together safely so that they feel more connected within their communities.
The funding is from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media & Sport (DCMS) and the National Lottery Community Fund which are each contributing £2million to the fund.
The Local Connections Fund will make hundreds of ‘microgrants’ of between £300 and £2,500 to support small, local organisations (with an annual income of £50,000 or less) to:
- build relationships in and across communities to help reduce loneliness and build connections between people and communities
- bring together organisations to celebrate their work, share learning and create peer networks.
The money can be spent on running costs such as salaries and expenses, small-scale equipment and small-scale venue improvements.
Search the site
- RT @DevonCC: The Chairman of Devon County Council, Cllr Stuart Barker, conveys his condolences on behalf of the County of Devon… https://t.co/SHTB973Xon 4d ago
- RT @BIPCDevon: First impressions can make or break your website. Join Francesca Mapp to learn how to create engaging web copy whic… https://t.co/0DWpv5j1tz 3 weeks ago
- RT @HeartofSWLEP: The South West has world-class capabilities in #photonics & #microelectronics. This webinar on April 13th for… https://t.co/LUL2QcR5vy 3 weeks ago
- RT @DCCApprentices: Today we launched our first Step Forward video! #CareLeaversCan Hear about young people’s experience on the Step F… https://t.co/GWs2dpAK8B 3 weeks ago