Fund title: Heart of the South West LEP: EU funding
Focus of fund/fund aims:
New calls announced for projects seeking support from the European Social Fund: to improve the labour market relevance of skills and training activity; workforce development to meet demand for skilled people in priority sectors; and workforce development to meet demand for skilled people in the health & social care sector.
ESF Calls: 12 November 2019 (Full applications) ERDF calls: 30 September 2019 (Outline Applications)
The Heart of the South West (covering Devon, Plymouth, Torbay and Somerset) has an allocation of just over £122m from Europe for 2014-2020 for investment in projects and initiatives which support the economic growth of the area.
There are new opportunities to apply for European Social Fund grants for Skills for Growth in the Heart of the South West:
- Effective Design & Fit of Skills & Training Activity: ESF grants upwards of £250,000 to promote improvements in the labour market relevance of skills provision through active engagement with relevant institutions and employers, particularly SMEs and Micro businesses. Full call specification
- Skills in Priority Sectors – ESF grants to bring skilled people into the Heart of the South West’s SMART Specialisation priority sectors, and upskill existing staff within the workforce. The priority sectors are Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering; Digital Technologies and AI; and Environmental Futures/Clean Growth. There is an allocation of £3,530,087 for the ‘Transition’ area – individual applications must be for at least £882,521 from the European Social Fund. Full call specification
- Skills in the Health & Social Care Sector – ESF grants to bring skilled people into the Heart of the South West’s Health and Social Care sector, and upskill existing staff within the workforce. There is an allocation of £3,530,087 for the ‘Transition’ area – individual applications must be for at least £882,521 from the European Social Fund. Full call specification
There are also two live European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) calls worth £12.89 million:
- Research & Innovation: £5.156 million ERDF (£3.456 million for the ‘Transition’ area of Devon, Plymouth and Torbay and £1.7 million for the ‘More Developed’ area of Somerset) for capital and/or revenue proposals which lead to improved levels of innovation within enterprises in the Heart of the South West. Full call specification
- SME Support: £7.733 million ERDF (£4.3 million for the ‘Transition’ area of Devon, Plymouth and Torbay and £3.433 million for the ‘More Developed’ area of Somerset) for proposals which support business start-ups and/or small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to grow and increase their productivity in the Heart of the South West. Workspace initiatives are eligible under this call, but are of lower priority compared with proposals offering business support. Full call specification
There is a two-stage application process: projects which are successful at the outline stage will be invited to make a full submission for funding.
Note on the Heart of the South West LEP area:
The Heart of the South West LEP area covers Devon, Plymouth, Torbay & Somerset but within this, there are two categories of funding
- ‘Transition’ area – Devon, Plymouth & Torbay
- ‘More Developed’ area – Somerset
These two areas each have a notional funding allocation which is reflected in the details of the call(s) listed above. Activities in the Transition area will generally be eligible for an EU contribution of up to 60% of total costs; activities in the More Developed area can receive up to 50% of costs.
For more information on the ESIF Strategy for our area, refer to the Heart of the South West LEP website at: http://heartofswlep.co.uk/doing-business-in-our-area/european-structural-and-investment-funds-esif/
Search the site
- Calling #Tourism and #visitor #businesses in the #SouthWest, including retail , food, and drink - please help us b… https://t.co/pnWFBUzQSX 14h ago
- RT @ERDF_GSP: If this year you want to grow your business, the #GrowthSupporProgramme is here to help you! You can apply today!… https://t.co/rPdBwXPbx2 6d ago
- RT @ExeCityFutures: From our engagement, research & analysis to date, we've defined a Blueprint for #NetZeroExeter. This is a list of a… https://t.co/DT8NbxpoPw 7d ago
- RT @EEDEnterpriseZ: Work starts on new Ada Lovelace building at @ExeterSciencePk creating new #stemm jobs in #East Devon… https://t.co/iEvcBpy4Kr 7d ago