Fund title: Heart of the South West LEP: EU funding
Focus of fund/fund aims:
New calls announced for projects seeking support from the European Regional Development Fund for business support and low carbon activities:
ERDF Info Event in Taunton on 16th October.
Calls still open for projects seeking support from the European Social Fund to improve skills in key growth sectors in Devon and Somerset.
ERDF calls: 23 November 2018. ESF calls: 8 November 2018 (Outline Applications)
The Heart of the South West (covering Devon, Plymouth, Torbay and Somerset) has an allocation of just over £107m from Europe for 2014-2020 for investment in projects and initiatives which support the economic growth of the area.
Upcoming European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) funding opportunities for the Heart of the South West are expected to include:
Business Support Calls
- Productivity Support – £1.2 million ERDF for Somerset only: for business support to assist small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to increase their productivity and growth
- Manufacturing Support – £0.75 million ERDF (£0.6 million for Devon, Plymouth and Torbay and £0.15 million for Somerset) for specialist and tailored support to assist manufacturing SMEs in increasing their productivity and growth
- International Trade – As part of a wider national call, £1.313 million ERDF for the Heart of the South West (£0.813 million for Devon, Plymouth and Torbay and £0.5 million for Somerset) for support to assist SMEs in entering and increasing trade in international markets
Low Carbon Call
- Low carbon – £2 million ERDF (£1 million for Devon, Plymouth and Torbay and £1 million for Somerset) for activity which supports the shift to a low carbon economy. Further information on eligible activity under the ERDF low carbon priority can be found here.
The HotSW LEP is holding a free ERDF info event in Taunton on 16 October to provide details of these opportunities and information about how to apply.
Find out more and sign up by 12 October.
The following calls for proposals have European Social Fund (ESF) funding available for projects in Devon and Somerset and are open for outline applications:
- Skills in Employment: For projects which enable those in work within key growth sectors to realise their potential, with a particular focus on intermediate/ technical and higher-level skills
- Shaping Future Skills Provision: Supporting training providers to work with the business community to tailor skills provision to the requirements of key growth sectors; improving workforce skills in sectors of employment demand; leadership and management skills; and intermediate and higher-level digital skills
- Young Opportunities: Supporting young people to access good quality careers and employment, and to avoid NEET status
There is a two-stage application process: projects which are successful at the outline stage will be invited to make a full submission for funding.
Note on the Heart of the South West LEP area:
The Heart of the South West LEP area covers Devon, Plymouth, Torbay & Somerset but within this, there are two categories of funding
- ‘Transition’ area – Devon, Plymouth & Torbay
- ‘More Developed’ area – Somerset
These two areas each have a notional funding allocation which is reflected in the details of the call(s) listed above. Activities in the Transition area will generally be eligible for an EU contribution of up to 60% of total costs; activities in the More Developed area can receive up to 50% of costs.
For more information on the ESIF Strategy for our area, refer to the Heart of the South West LEP website at: http://heartofswlep.co.uk/doing-business-in-our-area/european-structural-and-investment-funds-esif/
Search the site
- RT @devonworkhubs: Freelancers and independent professional self-employed people can apply to the @teamipse Freelancer awards and be i… https://t.co/HU61DbnMGJ 1h ago
- Tourism and visitor businesses in the South West, including retail and food and drink - please help us by completin… https://t.co/1eE1hcdQvz 2d ago
- Planning your weekend in #Devon? Whether you're visiting the POP art Exhibition in #Barnstaple, supporting the… https://t.co/5c4OI9MURZ 3d ago
- RT @Hillside_Design: Good #Friyay news. #Devon has some of the highest rates of #employment in the #UK. It's a wonderful place to #live… https://t.co/yLDaijELQE 3d ago