Fund title: Heart of the South West LEP: EU funding
Focus of fund/fund aims:
New calls announced for projects seeking support from the European Regional Development Fund for research & innovation and business support activities
ERDF calls: 30 September 2019 (Outline Applications)
The Heart of the South West (covering Devon, Plymouth, Torbay and Somerset) has an allocation of just over £122m from Europe for 2014-2020 for investment in projects and initiatives which support the economic growth of the area.
There are new opportunities to apply for European Regional Development Fund grants for business support and innovation activities in the Heart of the South West. There are two live ERDF calls worth £12.89 million:
- Research & Innovation: £5.156 million ERDF (£3.456 million for the ‘Transition’ area of Devon, Plymouth and Torbay and £1.7 million for the ‘More Developed’ area of Somerset) for capital and/or revenue proposals which lead to improved levels of innovation within enterprises in the Heart of the South West. Full call specification
- SME Support: £7.733 million ERDF (£4.3 million for the ‘Transition’ area of Devon, Plymouth and Torbay and £3.433 million for the ‘More Developed’ area of Somerset) for proposals which support business start-ups and/or small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs) to grow and increase their productivity in the Heart of the South West. Workspace initiatives are eligible under this call, but are of lower priority compared with proposals offering business support. Full call specification
The HotSW LEP is holding a free ERDF info event in Exeter on 11 July to provide details of these opportunities and information about how to apply.
Find out more and sign up.
There is a two-stage application process: projects which are successful at the outline stage will be invited to make a full submission for funding.
Note on the Heart of the South West LEP area:
The Heart of the South West LEP area covers Devon, Plymouth, Torbay & Somerset but within this, there are two categories of funding
- ‘Transition’ area – Devon, Plymouth & Torbay
- ‘More Developed’ area – Somerset
These two areas each have a notional funding allocation which is reflected in the details of the call(s) listed above. Activities in the Transition area will generally be eligible for an EU contribution of up to 60% of total costs; activities in the More Developed area can receive up to 50% of costs.
For more information on the ESIF Strategy for our area, refer to the Heart of the South West LEP website at: http://heartofswlep.co.uk/doing-business-in-our-area/european-structural-and-investment-funds-esif/
Search the site
- RT @devonworkhubs: Enjoying the tour of The @FactoryClay a unique space that you need to check out! #coworking #Devon #Ivybridge https://t.co/QiI1PuFtEB 5h ago
- RT @DevonCC: With the help of our #DevonDelivers Business Promotion Grant, @CineonTraining will demonstrate its latest virtual… https://t.co/yu9jqVp3Rn 11h ago
- RT @DevonNewscentre: Cornucopia Emporium, from South Molton, will showcase its hand poured, luxury scented candles at the @UKBBSHOW in… https://t.co/bFdqisZtNJ 11h ago
- RT @GrowthHubHOTSW: Need help to start a business? We have the solution. Request our fact sheets and business start-up resource guide… https://t.co/TloHJ4ubY7 13h ago