Fund title: Flood and Coastal Resilience Innovation Programme
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants of around £6m each for 25 local areas to provide innovative and practical actions to improve resilience to flooding and coastal change
Expressions of Interest by 15 January 2021
This programme will allocate £150 million to 25 local areas to improve resilience to flooding and coastal change. For some, a local area might be a county, city, town or village; for others, a place could mean a river catchment, a tidal estuary or part of the coast. On average, each area will receive £6million between 1 April 2021 and 31 March 2027.
Each local area should select at least two actions from the following list of eligible resilience actions. This should include at least one of the first five eligible actions.
- Integrated water management solutions
- Nature based solutions
- Property flood resilience
- Community infrastructure resilience
- Monitoring and management of local assets
- Minimise damages and disruption to small and medium sized businesses
- Community and voluntary sector action to be better prepared and recover more quickly
- Local emergency response equipment
- Enhanced flood warning systems
- Investigate policy challenge areas
The money cannot be used to construct new community flood and sea defences or for recovery actions following a flood event.
All projects from the successful local areas must be led by a single Lead Local Flood Authority (these are County Councils and Unitary Authorities) or Coastal Protection Authority (these are District and Unitary Authorities in coastal areas).