Fund title: Digital Skills Innovation Fund/ Digital Inclusion Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
(1) Grants for LEPs or Combined Authorities to address digital skills challenges and support under-represented groups to acquire the skills needed for digital roles. (2) Grants to help older and disabled people acquire digital skills
DSIF: 28 October 2018. DIF: tba
DCMS has launched a £1 million Digital Skills Innovation Fund to pilot or scale up innovative programmes that aim to address local or regional digital challenges while supporting people from underrepresented groups and/ or disadvantaged backgrounds into digital roles.
Local Enterprise Partnerships and Combined Authorities can apply to the fund. It also aims to encourage partnership working between LEPs, employers, training providers and others to identify and act on opportunities to address local skills challenges and gaps in provision, and to identify and share good practice.
There will be 2 – 4 programme grants of between £200,000 to £500,000, up to a total of £1 million. Any funding awarded will only be available to be claimed in the financial year of 2018-19.
DCMS has also announced a new £400,000 Digital Inclusion Fund to help older and disabled people acquire digital skills. Innovative projects are expected to include the teaching of basic skills such as booking GP appointments online, using apps to communicate with friends and family, and making the most of search engines. The Digital Inclusion Fund is due to open in September.
Search the site
- RT @BIPCDevon: Inspiring Entrepreneurs Wellness Edition @britishlibrary is a FREE #Exeter event on 8 July, 18–21:30 Award winning… https://t.co/MqE3UC4teZ 5h ago
- RT @BIPsouthwest: Studies have shown that small businesses with a solid, written business plan are more likely to succeed in the mark… https://t.co/GYuoJNNhrQ 5h ago
- RT @BWCsouthwest: Our new Pop Up Business Advice Café is coming: get tailored advice for your #SmallBiz, enjoy a cup a coffee with th… https://t.co/lAi4353DoA 5h ago
- We had a fantastic time @VenturefestSW last week. There are some exciting #tech businesses based here in #Devon and… https://t.co/oVKhyxg9iR 6h ago