Fund title: COVID-19 Emergency Surplus Food Grant
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funding to support not-for-profit food redistribution organisations that are facing difficulties as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
Defra is making £3.25m available through the Resource Action Fund administered by WRAP. The aim of the grant is to assist surplus food redistributors in overcoming challenges that they are currently facing in obtaining surplus food from food businesses (such as retailers and food manufacturers) and distributing this to people in need or those considered vulnerable.
The COVID-19 Emergency Surplus Food Grant will be delivered in three phases:
Phase 1 support has now started, with WRAP approaching a target list of small redistribution organisations who have applied previously to the fund to ascertain their immediate need for potential funding support.
Phases 2 and 3 will be launched on Thursday 9 April. Phase 2 will provide funding opportunities for small surplus food redistributors; Phase 3 will provide funding support for medium to larger operators.
The grant can be used to fund both capital and revenue costs associated with redistribution activities such as:
- access to surplus food through logistical collections
- sorting, storing, freezing, labelling / repackaging food
- onward distribution of food to charities or end beneficiaries
Search the site
- RT @ExCCBusiness: The latest information on funding opportunities to support business, environmental and social projects in Devon… https://t.co/YGhU6mTx8O 16h ago
- RT @TedWraggTrust: A group of children from @WestExeSchool are #finalists in the Nesta Longitude Explorer Prize 2020, for designing a… https://t.co/l4A6yOVOTo 2 weeks ago
- RT @ExeterSkills: .@spacepsm @YEDevonUK @DCCeconomy @FabLabDevon @ExeterSciencePk @ExeCityFutures Thrilled to hear @WestExeSchool tea… https://t.co/9FSFGcK3tD 2 weeks ago
- RT @WeAreLikeMinds: The Lockdown Festival for Business 25th-29th May - https://t.co/m0PMPp74V7 https://t.co/LgGlfBxs7P 3 weeks ago