Fund title: COVID-19 Emergency Surplus Food Grant
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funding to support not-for-profit food redistribution organisations that are facing difficulties as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
Defra is making £3.25m available through the Resource Action Fund administered by WRAP. The aim of the grant is to assist surplus food redistributors in overcoming challenges that they are currently facing in obtaining surplus food from food businesses (such as retailers and food manufacturers) and distributing this to people in need or those considered vulnerable.
The COVID-19 Emergency Surplus Food Grant will be delivered in three phases:
Phase 1 support has now started, with WRAP approaching a target list of small redistribution organisations who have applied previously to the fund to ascertain their immediate need for potential funding support.
Phases 2 and 3 will be launched on Thursday 9 April. Phase 2 will provide funding opportunities for small surplus food redistributors; Phase 3 will provide funding support for medium to larger operators.
The grant can be used to fund both capital and revenue costs associated with redistribution activities such as:
- access to surplus food through logistical collections
- sorting, storing, freezing, labelling / repackaging food
- onward distribution of food to charities or end beneficiaries
Search the site
- RT @travel_devon: 2 more days to get ready and join #WinterWheelers, the advent #cycling calendar! Make the most of this Christmas… https://t.co/SIY9rX2I8e 18h ago
- RT @travel_devon: Remember to sign up for #WinterWheelers by tomorrow for a chance to win a £750 local bike shop voucher! > Join the… https://t.co/SJVcH7Ibtk 18h ago
- RT @BIPsouthwest: Want to start your own business? If you're based in West Devon or South Hams we can offer FREE one-to-one business… https://t.co/0EUt2e3dYF 4d ago
- RT @ERDF_GSP: Businesses in Northern Devon can sign up to @Cosmic_UK lockdown series for SMEs in the tourism and creative sectors… https://t.co/zmnKTrqQet 4d ago