Fund title: COVID-19 Emergency Surplus Food Grant
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Funding to support not-for-profit food redistribution organisations that are facing difficulties as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak
Defra is making £3.25m available through the Resource Action Fund administered by WRAP. The aim of the grant is to assist surplus food redistributors in overcoming challenges that they are currently facing in obtaining surplus food from food businesses (such as retailers and food manufacturers) and distributing this to people in need or those considered vulnerable.
The COVID-19 Emergency Surplus Food Grant will be delivered in three phases:
Phase 1 support has now started, with WRAP approaching a target list of small redistribution organisations who have applied previously to the fund to ascertain their immediate need for potential funding support.
Phases 2 and 3 will be launched on Thursday 9 April. Phase 2 will provide funding opportunities for small surplus food redistributors; Phase 3 will provide funding support for medium to larger operators.
The grant can be used to fund both capital and revenue costs associated with redistribution activities such as:
- access to surplus food through logistical collections
- sorting, storing, freezing, labelling / repackaging food
- onward distribution of food to charities or end beneficiaries
Search the site
- RT @Apprenticeships: Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 22 February, the 'Providing apprenticeships during the coronavirus… https://t.co/lg8E1CUIFa 2d ago
- RT @ERDF_Enhance: . @ERDF_GSP is offering a free programme to boost South West businesses and social enterprises – offering 1:1s with… https://t.co/qYb6bEpKz8 2d ago
- RT @Apprenticeships: Employing an apprentice is easier than you think and there’s financial support and help available from the governme… https://t.co/gXPbMQDyKQ 2d ago
- RT @BIPCDevon: How often is your first step doing a quick Google search? Nigel Wilkinson shares tips on getting your website found… https://t.co/BdyVa5YWYk 2d ago