Fund title: Childcare Business Grants
Focus of fund/fund aims:
To support the establishment of new childcare businesses. The scheme will close to new applicants on 31 March 2019.
31 March 2019
The Childcare Business Grants help people with the costs of setting up a childminding business in England. The scheme is due to close permanently at the end of March 2019 but currently offers:
- A higher level of award (£1,000) for childminders who care for children with SEN/D and for new Childminder Agencies (CMAs)
- A universal award of £300 for new childminders across England;
- New childminders in local authorities identified as facing challenges around rurality and disadvantage – this currently includes Devon – qualify for a locality supplement of £200 to the universal award, providing a total grant of £500.
To be eligible, applicants need to:
- be registered with Ofsted or a childminder agency for less than three months
- have an early years registration certificate
- offer the 30 hours of childcare entitlement for 3 and 4 year olds (either individually or in partnership with other providers)
There is more information and guidance in the ‘Help‘ section of the website.