Fund title: Power to Change: Community Business Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants to help existing community businesses to grow and become more sustainable. A new round opens this month with a Webinar on 12 September to explain more about the programme and how to apply.
9 October 2019
Power to Change supports community and voluntary groups through the stages of the journey towards running a community enterprise.
The Community Business Fund provides capital and project-related revenue funding for existing community businesses. It can offer grants of between £50,000 and £300,000 to community businesses which meet at least one of the following goals:
- reduce social isolation
- improve health and wellbeing
- increase employability
- create better access to basic services
- improve local environment
- enable greater community cohesion
- foster greater community pride and empowerment
It is important that applicants meet the Power to Change definition of a community business: that is, that they are locally rooted, accountable to the local community, trading for the benefit of the local community and have broad community impact.
Search the site
- Job opportunity! We are currently advertising for a Senior Economic Development Officer. Make sure you apply befo… https://t.co/TqarYa39Sp 6h ago
- RT @RuralMicros: We're looking for businesses to sign-up to our Engaging Rural Micros trial. If you're a #businessowner in #rural… https://t.co/1Y6loD7VnQ 4d ago
- RT @HotswskillsC: Are you concerned about the availability of #welding and #fabrication #skills in the South West? #pipe #skillsgap… https://t.co/gasPdGWzm7 4d ago
- RT @HotswskillsC: We're having a #weldingweek where we want you to share stories, videos and pictures about welding skills in the Hea… https://t.co/FkNaMEPhBx 4d ago