Fund title: Power to Change: Community Business Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants to help existing community businesses to grow and become more sustainable. A new round opens this month with a Webinar on 12 September to explain more about the programme and how to apply.
9 October 2019
Power to Change supports community and voluntary groups through the stages of the journey towards running a community enterprise.
The Community Business Fund provides capital and project-related revenue funding for existing community businesses. It can offer grants of between £50,000 and £300,000 to community businesses which meet at least one of the following goals:
- reduce social isolation
- improve health and wellbeing
- increase employability
- create better access to basic services
- improve local environment
- enable greater community cohesion
- foster greater community pride and empowerment
It is important that applicants meet the Power to Change definition of a community business: that is, that they are locally rooted, accountable to the local community, trading for the benefit of the local community and have broad community impact.
Search the site
- RT @DevonCC: And if you are a community project crowdfunding in Devon, don't forget to check out the Crowdfund Devon extra fundi… https://t.co/yB8jStHM7n 3d ago
- RT @ERDF_Enhance: A few spaces left on @Cosmic_UK's FREE hands-on, practical workshop to help you get to grips with Facebook, Twitte… https://t.co/CAvwSYuujk 4d ago
- RT @HotswskillsC: Calling all schools and youth groups working with 11-16 years olds in #Exeter & surrounding areas.… https://t.co/cWB3uj0i4n 4d ago
- RT @BIPsouthwest: We can provide free #business support, training & development opportunities to help adult social care businesses de… https://t.co/Er4z550O1p 5d ago