Fund title: Aviva Community Fund
Focus of fund/fund aims:
A crowdfunding initiative for small not-for-profit organisations to secure a contribution of up to £50,000 for activities that support community resilience or financial capability and inclusion. Includes a new funding theme for charities raising funds to continue their vital services during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Four funding rounds a year. Next deadline: 28 July 2020
Aviva has teamed up with Crowdfunder for a new phase of the Aviva Community Fund. Registered charities, Community Interest Companies and Community Benefit Societies can apply for funding of up to a maximum of £50,000. The fund opens for new crowdfunders every three months.
Aviva employees will decide how the funding is distributed: £250,000 will be shared equally among Aviva’s UK employees to donate to the projects that matter to them most. Successful projects will still need to reach their fundraising target in order to receive a donation from the Aviva Community Fund.
There are two standard funding themes:
- Community resilience: tackling inequality and improving environments to build more connected, more resilient communities
- Financial capability and inclusion: giving people the tools to become more financially independent
And an additional new theme:
- Covering the core running costs of causes looking to adapt or continue their vital services throughout the COVID-19 outbreak in order to help their beneficiaries and communities
The focus is on funding small charities with forward-thinking ideas. Any projects submitted should be to develop a new approach, product or technology, pilot a new scheme, implement a new initiative, or expand existing services to a new area or beneficiary group – although this does not apply to organisations raising funds to continue their services during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Search the site
- RT @travel_devon: 2 more days to get ready and join #WinterWheelers, the advent #cycling calendar! Make the most of this Christmas… https://t.co/SIY9rX2I8e 19h ago
- RT @travel_devon: Remember to sign up for #WinterWheelers by tomorrow for a chance to win a £750 local bike shop voucher! > Join the… https://t.co/SJVcH7Ibtk 19h ago
- RT @BIPsouthwest: Want to start your own business? If you're based in West Devon or South Hams we can offer FREE one-to-one business… https://t.co/0EUt2e3dYF 4d ago
- RT @ERDF_GSP: Businesses in Northern Devon can sign up to @Cosmic_UK lockdown series for SMEs in the tourism and creative sectors… https://t.co/zmnKTrqQet 4d ago