Fund title: Asda Foundation: COVID-19 Grants
Focus of fund/fund aims:
Grants for health-care providers and homeless shelters to purchase toiletries for their residents; and grants for groups that help to provide meals for children during the school holidays
The Asda Foundation supports local grass roots organisations to transform communities and improve the lives of people living near to Asda stores. There are Asda stores in Bideford, Barnstaple, Newton Abbot, Plymouth, Paignton and Torquay as well as Wellington in Somerset (near the Devon border).
While its usual grants are on hold, Asda has introduced two new COVID-19 schemes, each providing grants of up to £500:
Hygiene Grant: This grant is focused on personal hygiene dignity, supporting residents/patients in facilities, who are struggling and unable to provide their own toiletries either through lack of funds or access to family support. Care homes, hospices, hospitals and homeless shelters can apply.
Healthy Holiday Grant: This grant is designed to support groups that typically would be holding summer holiday activities to ensure children are provided with a hot meal.
Option 1: Supporting groups that provide nutrition for children during the school holidays. This situation would apply once lockdown is lifted.
Option 2: Supporting deprived children and their families in an area close to store, who are struggling for regular meals during the school holidays. This situation would apply during lockdown.
To be eligible to apply for a grant, your group must be one of the following:
- not-for-profit company
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
- unincorporated Club or Association
Application forms are available from Asda Stores and all applications must be submitted via the store Community Champion.
Search the site
- RT @WeAreLikeMinds: We just published Business Breakfast TV https://t.co/kOjKhlaxyU 3d ago
- RT @devonclimate: Are you #SelfEmployed with a passion for fighting the #ClimateCrisis and an interest in #CommunityEnergy? Check o… https://t.co/gPUPNbx9O6 3d ago
- RT @EEDGrowthPoint: Sign up to our regular update for #EastDevonbusiness, with the latest on round 2 of the discretionary grant fund an… https://t.co/hDdk0lSFzM 3d ago
- RT @BWCsouthwest: Why simple, fast, flexible communication solutions will help businesses embrace the ‘new normal’… https://t.co/7AS14xYYHH 3d ago