Devon County Council is committed to increasing community resilience in Devon and is supported by DEFRA to deliver property level resilience (PLR) measures.
Working closely with a number of partners, we aim to help individual property owners be better equipped with the tools and basic defence measures they need to be able to deal with flooding.
As such, a new PLR grant scheme has been established to enable homeowners to apply for up to £5,000 to carry out a survey of the property, identifying the required resilience measures and to purchase the recommended measures. Any additional budget requirements will be at the expense of the property owner.
There is limited funding, with an allocation to be made available each year by DEFRA, Local Levy and DCC. Applications will, therefore, be prioritised based on fixed criteria set out in the PLR Grant Policy document in order to maximize the number of properties benefitting from this opportunity and to ensure those properties with the greatest need will receive the funding.
If you believe you are eligible to apply for the grant, as detailed in the policy, you must first complete an Application form (also available in PDF format) and either email to email@example.com or post to Flood & Coastal Risk Management, Lucombe House, County Hall, Topsham Road, Exeter EX2 4QD in order for your application to be considered.
See our PLR flow chart for more information about how the full process works.
Important things to note:
- It is the responsibility of individual property owners to protect their homes from flooding and that this grant scheme aims to assist property owners in doing so.
- Funding will be allocated subject to the number and priority of applications received and there can be no guarantee of funding being provided, even though the required criteria may have been met.
- All grant payments will be made to the survey consultant and product supplier for the specific individual property. No funding will be paid direct to the property owner or their representative/agent.
- This is a new initiative being made available by Devon County Council and may be subject to minor amendments as the scheme matures.
- The decision of Devon County Council’s prioritisation is final once allocations are approved and confirmed.
Last updated: February 2019