The Virtual School team now work with all children with a social worker
In addition to supporting children and young people in local authority care (looked after) the Virtual School team are now focusing on educational support for children and young people who are on a Child in Need Plan or a Child Protection Plan (children and young people with a social worker). In Devon this means that the Virtual School team will be working with 1500 more children and young people.
Extended Virtual School Support for Children with Social Worker- survey
The Virtual School team would like all early years and childcare providers, schools, academies and FE colleges to complete a short survey for each child in their setting who is on a Child Protection Plan or Child in Need plan by Friday 29th April.
Virtual School Training Offer (Summer Term 2022)
The Virtual School are offering another round of funded Continuing Professional Development sessions for the Summer Term 2022. All training will be delivered by Psychology Associates. Training is limited to two places per session.
There are ten different courses to choose from:
- Understanding Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) and Early Childhood Trauma
- Child Mental Health Awareness
- Supporting Children with Developmental Language Disorder (DLD) and Social, Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH) needs
- Inside Out: Understanding Complex Trauma and Language Difficulties
- Sensory Processing Workshop for Parents and Carers (Primary Age Focus)
- Recognising and Supporting Anxiety in the Classroom
- Precision Teaching Essentials
- Introducing Working Memory
- Sensory Processing and Integration
- Grief and Loss in Children