Update on PPE pack for providers that are open/re-opening
In the guidance Coronavirus (COVID-19): implementing protective measures in education and childcare settings it states that if a child becomes symptomatic of coronavirus whilst at a setting and needs direct personal care until they can return home, a face mask should be worn by the supervising adult if a distance of 2 metres cannot be maintained.
If contact with the child is necessary (as likely due to the age of the child you naturally work with), then disposable gloves, a disposable apron and a face mask should be worn by the supervising adult. If a risk assessment determines there is a risk of splashing into the eyes, e.g. from coughing, spitting, or vomiting, then eye protection should be also be worn.
As part of your risk assessments you should be looking at PPE and having sufficient provision as outlined above.
To help you with this, the Early Years and Childcare Service have been able to secure through Devon County Council‘s PPE group, face masks, eye protection, gloves and aprons. These packs are being provided to you until you are able to source your own supplies.
Packs consist of the following:
- 1 x Hand sanitiser
- Pair of gloves
- 1 x Apron
- 1 x Face mask
- 1 x Re-usable eye protection and wipes
Please note the following:
- It is ONE pack per registered provider – unfortunately obtaining eye masks is difficult to source
- Collection is by pre-arrangement – see below details of the collection points and contact details
- Collection can only be from the District Council area your provision operates from. For example, if you live in Dawlish your council area is Teignbridge and therefore you collection point is Newton Abbot. Similarly if you operate in Tiverton then you come under Mid Devon and your collection point will be Exeter
- Whilst we know that for some of you the location of the distribution points are not ideal, we are happy for you to work with other providers in you area and collect packs on their behalf to distribute – we would however need to be made aware of this prior to collection
- It is recommended that you read the personal protective equipment (PPE) staff guidance with your staff. This local guidance reflects the revised national guidance on the use of PPE. The guidance covers best practice use of PPE; when PPE should be worn; use of face coverings etc.
- As a provider you should be using your local supply chains to obtain PPE. Where this is not possible, and there is an unmet urgent need for PPE in order to operate safely, please contact us via the Early Years and Childcare Services mailbox: email@example.com
Wednesday 3rd June, 10am – 3pm OR Saturday 6th June 9.30am – 12.30pm
|Venue||For providers in:||Contact details:|
|Taw View Car Park, Taw View,
|North Devon and Torridge||Melissa Filby 01392 383000 or firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Exeter, East and Mid Devon||
Wednesday – Helen Stephenson 01392 383000 or email@example.com
Saturday – Nikki Phillips 01392 383000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Orchard House Family Centre
Wednesday – Sharon Gehringer 01392 383000 or email@example.com
Saturday – Sue Bolt 01392 383000 or firstname.lastname@example.org