Training update for early years and childcare practitioners
Please see below some of the courses and eLearning available to early years and childcare practitioners, many of which are fully funded. To view the full range of eLearning modules available please visit the DEL training website.
To book onto any of the above courses via the DEL training website, you will need to have a DEL training account. To request a DEL account, if you have not already got one, please contact us and we will create one for you.
Multi-Agency Safeguarding and Child Protection (Group 3 Core)
Previously a face to face course, the group 3 safeguarding training has been adapted so that it is now delivered virtually. It is a blend of digital, on-line, e-learning and home study. You need to commit to both dates.
This training is suitable for Designated Safeguarding Leads and Deputy Leads.
- 21st January 2021 – 9:00am – 12:30pm & 22nd January 2021 – 12:00pm – 1:30pm
- 26th January 2021 – 1:30pm – 5:00pm & 27th January 2021 – 10:30am – 12:00pm
- 2nd February 2021 – 1:30pm – 5:00pm & 5th February 2021 – 12:00pm – 1:30pm
- 9th February 2021 – 1:30pm – 5:00pm & 10th February 2021 – 10:30am – 12:00pm
- 18th February 2021 – 1:30pm – 5:00pm & 19th February 2021 – 12:00pm – 1:30pm
- 23rd February 2021 – 1:30pm – 5:00pm & 24th February 2021 – 10:30am – 12:00pm
- 27th February 2021 (full day) 10:00am – 4:30pm (includes breaks)
- 4th March 2021 – 1:30pm – 5:00pm & 5th March 2021 – 12:00pm – 1:30pm
More dates to follow.
Early Years Child Protection Refresher training (virtual)
We have adapted our face to face training so that the Early Years Child Protection Refresher training can now be delivered virtually. The training will be delivered via eLearning, a digital quiz and a virtual session (of approx. 3 hours) delivered via Microsoft Teams.
This refresher course is for delegates who have already undertaken the DCFP Multi-Agency Safeguarding and Child Protection (Group 3 Core) training and need to update their knowledge.
- 15th January 2021 (9.30am – 1pm) – book your place via the DEL training website
Multi-Agency Safeguarding & Child Protection (Group 2 Core) eLearning
This elearning module is for early years practitioners working or volunteering with children, young people and families. It is an awareness raising course and encompasses Level 1 and Level 2, as required in the Safeguarding Children & Young People; Roles and Competencies (Intercollegiate competency framework), January 2019.
Loan Sharks and Lockdown – An Introduction (virtual)
- 27th January 2021 (7.15pm – 8.45pm) – book your place via the DEL training website
An introduction into the world of the loan shark – how they operate, how they exploit the most vulnerable in our communities (including children and young people), the effects the loan shark have on their victims and the government funded law enforcement team who’s remit is to investigate and prosecute the loan sharks and also to fully support their victims.
This is a remote session delivered via Microsoft Teams.
This session is for all early years and childcare practitioners, especially Designated Safeguarding Leads.
Right for Children Training
Right for Children Part 1, Intro to Early Help & RfC (South) via Teams
An introduction to Early Help, Using Right for Children and What Makes a Good Early Help Assessment
- Wednesday 3rd March 2021, 10am to 11.15am – book your place
Right for Children Part 2, TAF, Plan, Review and Closing (South) via Teams
Holding a Team Around the Family Meeting (TAF), Plan and Reviews and closing cases
- Thursday 4th February 2021, 10am to 11am – book your place
- Thursday 4th March 2021, 10am to 11am – book your place
Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) Seminar – understand MASH; the team and the processes
Meet some of the team and gain a better understanding of who MASH is and how they operate:
- explore issues around risk and how to support you as multi agency partners in making an enquiry and how MASH progress your concerns within the team
- provide an in-depth look at the Early Help offer in Devon
- understand what the decision making is so that you can progress concerns for assessment or manage through Early Help
- Q&A session – an opportunity to explore those questions you’ve always wanted to ask the team
Any professional is welcome whatever their experience and professional background- the MASH team look forward to meeting you.
- The next seminar will be 17th March 2021 – 2:00pm – 3:30pm – Book via the DEL training website
Preparing to be a Childminder – virtual course
This course is designed for those wishing to register with Ofsted as childminders and will provide them with the basic knowledge and skills required for Ofsted registration. This course costs £50 per person.
It will consist of two taught sessions (run over 2 separate morning sessions), e-learning and home study (this is also delivered as an elearning course).
- 24th February and 10th March 2021 (9.45am – 1pm- tbc)
- 28th April and 12th May 2021 (9.45am – 1pm- tbc)
- 29th September and 13th October 2021 (9.45am – 1pm- tbc)
Contact us if you would like to find out more about becoming a childminder in Devon.
Qualifications in new funded offers
Tens of thousands of adults will be able to benefit from almost 400 free courses next year, including courses for early years professionals, in the first major development in the Lifetime Skills Guarantee announced by the Prime Minister in September.
The fully-funded courses will be available to adults without a full qualification at Level 3 (A-level equivalent) from April 2021 to help them gain in-demand skills and open up further job opportunities. The list of courses includes a number in child development and wellbeing, such as a Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce and a Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Play, Learning and Development. A full list of courses on offer at Level 3 is available here.
The offer is backed by £95 million from the £2.5 billion National Skills Fund, which is financing programmes that both support the immediate economic recovery from the pandemic and help meet future skills needs.