Training for early years and childcare practitioners
Tools to Assess Neglect (Graded Care Profile 2) training for early years practitioners
The Graded Care profile training has been adapted by the Devon Children and Families Partnership (DCFP) specifically for early years and education providers. The tool is designed to assist you with assessing neglect.
The DCFP have a course running on Saturday 5th June 2021 (10am to 1pm) for early years providers. This is a fully funded course and places are still available.
You will need to log into your DEL account, if you have forgotten your details or need an account created please contact us.
Right for Children training sessions
Right for Children Part 1, Intro to Early Help & RfC (South) via Teams
Introduction to Early Help, Using Right for Children and What Makes a Good Early Help Assessment
- Thursday 24th June 2021, 1pm to 2.30pm – book your place
- Monday 12th July 2021, 10am – 11.30am – book your place
- Monday 20th September 2021, 10am – 11.30am – book your place
Right for Children Part 2, TAF, Plan, Review and Closing (South) via Teams
What makes a good TAF (Team Around the Family) meeting. How to use the Plan & Review on Right for Children to record the family’s plan from the TAF meeting. How to close a case.
- Tuesday 29th June 2021, 1pm to 2.30pm – book your place
- Thursday 15th July 2021, 10am – 11.30am – book your place
- Wednesday 22nd September 2021, 10am – 11.30am – book your place
Attached Based Beginnings online course
Attachment Based Beginnings online course is for early years practitioners working with pre-reception aged children in early years settings (equivalent to two days learning).
This course has been created in partnership with our early years, educational psychology and Social Emotional and Mental Health teams; the reason we felt we all wanted to be part of this professional development opportunity is because we know that every member of staff can make a real difference. Strong attachments are key to a happy healthy adult life and the building blocks for these are being laid in your setting every day. Sometimes we can be at a loss to know how to respond to children and we can feel disempowered or frustrated that we don’t seem to be able to manage a child’s behaviour.
This course will help you build the skills you need to see beyond the behaviour and begin to understand what that behaviour is telling us. More importantly it will help us understand how we can respond differently to support that child.
Attachment Based Beginnings is designed to develop the skills, knowledge and understanding of staff working with pre-Reception children aged two years plus.
The course explores some of the theories which underpin our understanding of effective relationships and their role in development, learning and well-being as well as developing the skills and practical strategies that we need to use in our work with children.
The course will cover:
- Why significant relationships are the key to development, learning and wellbeing (particularly in the early years)
- The neurobiology of emotions, behaviour and social development
- Attachment theory
- The impact of anxious attachments on thoughts, feelings and behaviour and what we can do to help
- The cornerstones of relationships – Protection, Connection, Understanding and Care
(course available from 24th May)
This course is available to all Devon early years settings at a subsidised cost of £96.00.