Ofsted Consultation: Education inspection framework 2019
The draft education inspection framework for 2019 sets out how Ofsted proposes to inspect schools, further education and skills provision and registered early years settings.
There are two draft handbooks:
- The draft ‘Early years handbook’ applies to providers registered on the Early Years Register.
- The draft ‘Schools handbook’ applies to early years provision run and managed directly by the school’s governing body (2 – 5 years)
- put the curriculum at the heart of the new framework;
- put more emphasis on the quality of education and care as a whole. It will ensure that Ofsted consider children’s experiences and how their learning is being developed;
- reduce the focus on data, particularly internal progress data. Ofsted hope this will help reduce unnecessary workload for childcare providers.