NSPCC coronavirus briefing: safeguarding guidance and information for early years providers
This briefing (updated on Wednesday 23rd July 2020) pulls together key guidance for providers of early years services from all four UK nations on how to keep children safe during the pandemic.
It answers frequently asked questions including:
- Should nurseries, preschools and registered childminders still be providing childcare?
- Can nannies, au pairs and babysitters still provide childcare?
- What if a child’s usual registered or regulated childcare provider is closed?
- Have there been changes to early years childcare standards during the coronavirus pandemic?
- How can childcare settings support and protect children who are not attending?