Notification of Covid-19 cases to Public Health England and the local authority
- Please see the flow chart from PHE for schools.
- National Action Cards for educational settings have been published.
- Action Card – for early years settings.
Educational settings should contact the DfE helpline (0800 046 8687) to notify of single confirmed COVID cases so they can support risk assessment and follow up.
Educational settings only need to contact PHE SW Health Protection Team if they have two or more confirmed COVID cases in the same group or class.
They should however telephone the PHE SW Health Protection Team (HPT- 0300 303 8162) regarding possible COVID cases if:
- There is or is likely to be a Hospital admission with COVID like symptoms
- Possible case who won’t get tested
- A Possible case with a definite link to confirmed case