New Playful Childhoods website launched
The Playful Childhoods website aims to help parents, carers and grandparents give children time, space and support to play at home and in their local community. It’s also useful for local groups and town and community councils to provide play friendly neighbourhoods in their areas.
The resources can also be used by professionals in their work with children and families.
The website provides:
- Practical ideas about providing time, space and stuff for playing with
- Top tips, ‘how to’ guides and ideas for children’s play
- Information about raising awareness about the importance of play
- Guidance about planning a community play area
- Examples of playful communities and projects across Wales
- Links to information on play opportunities available in every local authority in Wales.
The website has been developed to support:
- Parents in giving their children opportunities to play
- Parents so they feel confident about letting their children play outside in the community
- The development of playful communities for children across Wales
A shared understanding of the importance of play for children and teenagers by all adults across Wales.