Music licences

Music licensing bodies PPL and PRS for Music have confirmed that private and voluntary nurseries are not considered ‘educational establishments’ in the way that maintained nursery schools and schools are, so they must pay for a licence to play recorded music.

The confirmation comes after years of confusion among nurseries about whether they need a licence to play music, as schools and nursery schools are exempt under the Copyright Act:

Read the full article here: Nursery World – Music Licences