Keeping children safe in the digital world – virtual course Tuesday 30 June 2020
The Devon Children and Families Partnership would like to invite you to attend one of their newly developed virtual courses:
Keeping Children Safe in the Digital World (Group 3 Special Interest Refresher)
Tuesday 30th June 2020 10am to 12pm (break) 1.30pm to 3.30pm
By the end of the session, delegates will be able to:
- identify the issues which might affect young people online
- identify particular areas of risk for young people and the factors which increase their vulnerability
- acknowledge that social media and the use of technology is now an integral part of young people’s lives today
- understand how to keep young people safe online
- know where to go for information and support
- learn from best practice (in regards to professional guidance)
- report concerns to the appropriate authority
This training is for:
Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents and carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
After booking, you will be sent an email from Dialogue (the training provider) giving virtual meeting details, resources and any pre-course reading required.
If you are unable to make this session, we will be running one session per month until the end of December 2020 available from the DCFP website.
We would value your attendance so that you can also provide us with feedback on the delivery and content going forward.
Any queries, please contact DCFP Workforce Development Lead, Jackie Colby by email: firstname.lastname@example.org