HAF playwork training
The Early Years & Childcare Service are delivering a brand new package of training which is designed for practitioners working in HAF funded settings, out of school clubs or play settings.
About the training:
The training comprises of two parts; ‘Playtime’ and ‘Let’s talk play’. There is no requirement to do both but you are welcome to do both courses if you wish.
This is a 3 hour virtual session. The aim of the course is to develop an understanding of the role of an adult in creating supportive environments for children’s freely chosen play opportunities.
Content includes an understanding of:
- Introductory playwork theory
- The benefits of play
- The responsibilities of the adult in responding to children’s play
Participants will be given the opportunity to participate in activities which will underpin this knowledge and how this can then be transferred into their own settings.
- 22 June 2022 (6.15pm – 9.15pm) – Microsoft Teams
- 27 June 2022 (11.30am – 2.30pm) – Microsoft Teams
- 20 July 2022 (6.15pm – 9.15pm) – Microsoft Teams
You will receive a Microsoft Teams link for the session upon booking.
‘Lets talk play’
This is a 10 hour course delivered over 5 virtual sessions. Sessions include: ‘legislation underpinning play settings’, ‘understanding children’s play’, ‘supporting play’, ‘environments for play’ and ‘reflecting on children’s play’.
- 27 July 2022 (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM) – Legislation underpinning play setting – Microsoft Teams
- 2 August 2022 (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM) – Understanding children’s play – Microsoft Teams
- 10 August 2022 (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM) – Supporting play – Microsoft Teams
- 16 August 2022 (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM) – Environments for play – Microsoft Teams
- 24 August 2022 (6:00 PM – 8:00 PM) – Reflecting on children’s play – Microsoft Teams
You will receive a Microsoft Teams link for the session/s upon booking.
You can choose to attend either the 3 hour Playtime training or the 10 hour ‘Let’s talk play’ modules or both. There is no requirement to do both but you are welcome to if you wish. Certificates will be issued on completion on either of the courses. Please note that you will need to attend 80% of the ‘Let’s talk play’ modules to gain a certificate.
Book your place:
Please book your fully funded place by visiting the DEL training website.
You will need a DEL training account in order to book your place. Please contact us if you need an account to be created.