Grant support for community groups and organisations to work on local projects to support those people and communities most affected by the pandemic.
There are already fantastic examples of community action springing up right across the city with great ideas about how local communities and organisations can help out during this unprecedented time. The Exeter COVID-19 Community Action Fund aims to help community groups and organisations as they step up to help those people most affected by the pandemic.
The Exeter COVID-19 Community Action Fund will support groups and organisations with a one-off grant of up to £1,000 to support projects for community led activities that will:
- meet urgent needs within your community
- provide supplies for food banks
- cover transport costs for getting vital supplies to people isolated at home
- help people to stay connected and informed
- help people maintain and support mental health and wellbeing
The Exeter COVID-19 Community Action Fund can also be used for a one off grant of up to £3,000 to existing community organisations that are facing a shortfall in income due to cancellations, and require immediate, short term funding to keep essential services running.
We aim to give you a decision within 2 working days and if agreed make funding available within 5 working days of your application being made.
If you are an un-constituted community group (that is a group of residents without a group bank account):
- First and foremost an un-constituted group should try to identify their own constituted group to hold payment for them. Where this is not possible then Exeter Community Initiatives (ECI) can act as an umbrella organisation and receive payment from ECC on behalf of the group.
- Please check with ECI if they are happy to do this for you. Contact them on 01392 205800 (lines will be open 9.30am to 4.30pm. Mon-Fri), or email email@example.com