Funding and grant support for businesses
Here is a reminder of the various funding streams that may be available to early years and childcare providers:
- Statutory Sick Pay Rebate Scheme (SSPRS) – is to help small and medium sized employers by reimbursing the cost of Covid-related absences for a temporary period
- Recovery Loan Scheme – is to help businesses access loans to support the recovery from the impacts of the pandemic. Details for the loan scheme and the links to accredited lenders are on the British Business Bank website
- The Government recently announced one-off grants for the Hospitality and Leisure sectors. We do not know if local, discretionary grants will become available for other sectors, such as retail. You can sign up for information from North Devon Council to stay updated on local discretionary grants
- You can use the Government’s Covid-19 business support finder tool to check what other options may be available to you
- The Growth Hub Covid-19 support pages contains information and guidance for businesses, and summary information on the main schemes and support available. Sign up for newsletter updates here (fill in the box on the right hand side of the screen and press submit).
Grants and other funding or support available in Devon:
Grants are now available to voluntary and community groups/organisations and social enterprises that help people by providing practical, social, and emotional support when they have to self-isolate due to COVID-19.
Above is the link to the funding page on Devon County Council website where you will find the Covid-19 Outbreak Self-Isolation Management Grant Fund.
Please note that:
- Projects must relate directly to support for those self-isolating and their families – i.e. not for general support to vulnerable individuals and families
- Project must finish by 31 March 2022
- The fund will close for applications at end of February 2022.