Fully funded training – Building Babies Brains 1001 – All Our Business
The aim of this training is to support you to increase your knowledge of baby brain development, bonding and resilience, and be confident in sharing this information with parents/carers/communities.
The training covers;
• Understanding the importance of baby brain development, especially during the vital 0-2 years. We share the most up to date, evidence-based information in an accessible way. This course is about sharing and learning together.
• Building confidence in passing this information on widely. Did you know that only a third of parents know this information? We want it to be ‘all our business’.
• Supporting resilience. How you can help parents by looking after yourself, encouraging parents to look after themselves, so that they can look after their children.
• Tools for being in relationships with others, including Dan Hughes PACE.
• Signposting you to evidence-based resources that you can easily pass onto parents
• Risk and trauma in the early years, and how to build resilience for lifelong skills
The training is for early years practitioners (pre-schools, nurseries, toddler groups, childminders) whose role brings them into contact with children aged 0-2 years. Community members and volunteers who link in with families with children aged 0-2.
How will it be delivered:
• A blended learning approach consisting of: digital, face to face interactive workshops; video learning and podcasts; and self-led learning fully supported by digital training notes, and trainer availability.
• 7 sessions in total, lasting 13 hours
• Your trainers have worked in children’s centres for the past ten years. Anna is a Thrive Train the Trainer, and delivers Solihull Understanding Your Child programmes to parents. Georgie is a Thrive practitioner, who has also undertaken Transactional Analysis training.
• Podcasts and videos from specialist speakers, including a Video Interactive guidance practitioner and clinical psychologists.
This course is fully funded between January – March 2021
You will need to have access to Teams/Zoom, ideally on a laptop that enables you to interact with all delegates.