Free Building Babies Brain course – North Devon
Action for Children’s Building Babies Brain course aims to support people who come in to contact with 0-2 year olds to increase their knowledge of baby brain development, bonding and resilience and to be confident and purposeful in ‘passing’ this information on to parents/ carers and communities.
The training covers:
- Understanding the importance of baby brain development, especially during the vital 0-2 years
- Tools for being in relationships with others, including Dan Hughes PACE
- What babies need to build strong, healthy and resilient stress regulation systems
- The importance of self-care for wellbeing
- How this supports communication / speech and language development
- Building confidence in passing this information on widely. Did you know that only a third of parents know this information? We want it to be ‘all our business’
- Signposting you to evidence-based resources that you can easily pass onto parents
- Risk and trauma in the early years, and how to build resilience for lifelong skills
Who is the training for?
The training is for volunteers, peer supporters, toddler group volunteers, early years practitioners (pre-schools, nurseries, childminders), foster carers or anyone whose role brings them into contact with children aged 0-2 years and their carers and community members/ volunteers who link in with families with children aged 0-2.
How will the course be delivered?
A blended learning approach consisting of: digital, face to face interactive workshops; video learning and podcasts; and self-led learning fully supported by digital training notes, and trainer availability.
The course will run on over 7 weeks on a Thursday 10am -12.15pm and is free to attend.
- Thursday 9th June – Face to face at Forches Children’s Centre, Forches Avenue, Barnstaple
- Thursday 16th June – Virtual session via Teams
- Thursday 23rd June – Self learn week
- Thursday 30th June – Virtual session via Teams
- Thursday 7th July – self learn week
- Thursday 14th July – Face to face at Forches Children’s Centre, Forches Avenue, Barnstaple
- Thursday 1st September – Virtual follow up session (via Teams)
How to apply:
What people have said about the course:
This was a lovely and informal course which has given me confidence in sharing all the lovely video clips and knowledge with others
Learnt lots of new ways to share knowledge and information with others and gained confidence to do so.
A very enjoyable and well led course.
If you have any queries please call Anna on 07826 876790 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org