Early Years Workforce
Following publication of the Early Years Workforce Strategy last year, DfE has worked with expert reference groups and stakeholders to produce the following to support early years workforce recruitment and development:
- A Government Response to the Early Years Level 2 Criteria Consultation
- New Early Years Practitioner (Level 2) criteria which will be used by awarding organisations to develop new level 2 qualifications to be delivered from September 2019.
- An Early Years Level 3 SENCO job description and qualification specification
- An Early Years Level 2 SEND qualification specification
- An Early Years Careers Progression Map and supporting narrative.