Annual Survey of Providers 2017 – The results are in…
Thank you to all of you who completed the Annual Survey of Providers 2017. The responses to the survey have now been analysed and can be found in the
Key Findings are:
- 75.1% of all providers responded to the Annual Survey of Providers. There was a response rate of 96.7% from funded group providers.
- Approximately a half of all providers report experiencing difficulty recruiting staff. Those least likely to report difficulties are those in North Devon and Torridge. Those most likely are in Exeter, East and Mid Devon. More information on recruitment and retention
- 89.5% of providers experiencing difficulty recruiting staff were looking to recruit staff with a level 3 qualification– Do you want to work in childcare? More information on working in early years
- Only 2.7% of our childminders report operating from non-domestic premises – could you grow your business? Ofsted Early years and Childcare Registration Handbook 2016
- 92% of funded places for 2 year olds are available from their second birthday meaning they can access their full entitlement – can you help make this 100%? Please talk to your Early Years and Childcare Advisor
- There has been an increase of 12.7% in funded places for 2 year olds and 5.7% in funded places for 3 and 4 year olds – would you like to register to accept the early years funding. We hope to have more breakfast, after school and holiday clubs taking the funding from September – contact the helpdesk on 01392 385530. More information on early years education funding
- The number of childminders now registered for the early years education funding has increased by 5.4% – would you like to register to accept the early years education funding – contact the helpdesk on 01392 385530 More information on early years education funding
- 74.2% of funded providers in Devon will offer the extended entitlement from September 2017 – More information on Childcare Choices Providers Page – Look out for our new webpage on the extended entitlement coming soon.
- Currently 39% of 2, 3 and 4 year olds places are available all year as a “stretched offer”. Can you help parents by offering the funding over more weeks per year?
- Only 24 providers across Devon reported that they had used their ‘Right to Request’ the use of school premises to enable them to open during holiday periods. Have you exercised your right to request? More information on your right to request
- Only 41.3% of Devon providers responding to the Annual Survey have registered for Tax Free Childcare – have you? By registering you are helping parents to make childcare more affordable. Register for Tax Free Childcare here.
- 54.2% of providers have been asked to provide childcare before 8am, 29.9% have been asked to provide childcare after 6pm, 17.4% have been asked to provide childcare at weekends and 41.8% have been asked to provide childcare for irregular hours. Could you open longer hours and more weeks per year to help meet the needs of parents?
- 29.9% of providers report having service families use their provision. How can you offer flexible childcare to support these families?