This space provides a place for staff, Members, contractors and visitors to County Hall to go when they need time to meditate, worship or contemplate.
This space is NOT available as a quiet or confidential meeting room. People wishing to discuss problems / private issues with another should seek alternative accommodation.
If you have questions or comments about the room please contact the Lead Officer for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
Please observe these instructions for use
- Users can adjust the furniture but must return the room to its original state after use.
- Unless booked for collective prayer or meditation, the room will be a silent area. Please switch off mobile phones, pagers and personal stereos etc.
- Keep the room clean and tidy.
- Remove your shoes (a shoe rack is available).
- Ensure that any religious artefacts are removed following use.
- Do not leave posters or leaflets in the space; use the designated wall space in the entrance area.
- Do not take food or drink into the space.
- Respect those who may be praying (for example, don’t walk across someone in an act of worship).
Staff can observe daily prayer in DCC buildings as part of their working hours and do not need to obtain permission from their line manager.