Admission arrangements for 2018/19
Co-ordinated admissions schemes (normal round)
- The Devon co-ordinated admissions scheme for admissions at the initial intake to reception for primary and infant schools, to year 3 for junior schools and to middle schools and to year 7 for secondary schools and to studio schools, university technical colleges and high schools.
Co-ordinated admissions scheme (in-year)
- The Devon in-year co-ordinated admissions scheme for admissions to all schools after the normal round of admissions, from the reception year to year 11.
Fair Access Protocol (in-year admissions only)
For in-year admissions, after where a child is without appropriate education and would otherwise be unable to access a school place, from reception to year 11. The current protocol is published here.
Oversubscription criteria for community and voluntary controlled schools
Where there are more applications for admission to a school than there are available places, oversubscription criteria are used to prioritise applications in a consistent and transparent manner.
The criteria for Devon schools which are their own admission authority can be viewed within their policies.
Normal round admissions oversubscription criteria can be viewed here for Devon community and voluntary controlled schools:
- Primary and infant schools
- Junior schools
- Secondary schools
Published admission numbers (PANs) and school policies
Each school has a number of places which are available at the normal round of admissions. This is the minimum number of places which will be offered if there are sufficient requests. No request will be refused if there are remaining vacancies. PANs are determined, taking into consideration the level of demand forecast for the school, the available accommodation at the school and sensible and efficient organisation. They can be increased where there is demand and sufficient capacity and resources.
- View the PANs for all of Devon’s state-funded schools (school list)
- View admissions policies for all schools
- View school supplementary information forms (SIFs)