We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
- How we can help
- Can my child get support from the ROVIC Service?
- Request an assessment
- The assessment process
- Certificate of Vison Impairment (CVI) - explained
- A CVI has been issued - what happens next?
- CVI - benefits and concessions
- Deafblind policy guidance
- Other services and charities
- Lending libraries - audio, braille, large print and tactile books
- Contact us
Other services and charities
- Devon Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Devon Information and Advice Service (DIAS)
- Babcock Learning Development Partnership
Hearing and communication
- Highly Specialist Speech and Language
- CHIME – Social Enterprise Audiology Services East and Mid Devon Read more about the hearing services delivered to east and mid Devon here.
- The Hearing Service in Torbay and South Devon provides audiology clinics at Torbay and Newton Abbot hospitals for hearing assessments appointments and children’s hearing aid clinics. Older children and young people can have assessments at Teignmouth and Totnes hospitals. Full details can be found here.
- The Paediatric Audiology Service North Devon provides audiological assessment and treatment for children from new born to adulthood. The team works in close conjunction with Teachers of the Deaf, Paediatricians, Social Services and ENT consultants. GPs, Paediatricians, Speech and Language Therapists, Health visitors, school nurses and other professionals can make referrals. Further information can be found here
- Cochlear implants provide a sensation of hearing to people who have permanent, severe to profound deafness, and cannot hear the full range of speech sounds with standard hearing aids. Information about the West of England Cochlear Implant Programme can be found here.
- Disabled Children’s Services
- Children’s social care – Devon County Council
- MASH (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub)
Vision (ophthalmology) eye clinics
- Barnstaple North Devon and District Hospital
- Exeter West of England Eye Unit
- Newton Abbot and Torbay Children’s Eye Clinics
- Plymouth Royal Eye Infirmary
- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- RNIB See differently
- RSBC (Royal Society for Blind Children)
- National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS)
- Deafblind UK
- Deafblind Enablement UK
For other local charities and organisations please search Pinpoint Devon.