We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
Get help to find childcare
If you are having problems finding the childcare you need, our childcare brokerage service may be able to help. We can advise, search and sometimes negotiate with childcare providers on your behalf, to help you find the childcare you need. This support is available to parents and carers who have looked for suitable childcare without success (via Pinpoint), and parents and carers who find it difficult to negotiate the system themselves.
You can contact us by calling 01392 383000 and ask for Pinpoint or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- you live in a small rural community where there is no childcare
- you need childcare for weekends or evenings
- you don’t find it easy to contact the childcarers for yourself
- your child has an additional need
- the available childcare is full.
If you contact us, we will ask you:
- about your childcare needs
- the age of the child(ren) you need childcare for and where you need it
- whether you or your children have any particular needs or difficulties
- what you have tried so far.
- explain the childcare system, the Early Years Entitlement and 2-year-old funding
- supply complete and up to date lists of childcarers in your area
- suggest options you might not know about
- provide information on paying for childcare, and tips on choosing and arranging your childcare
- contact childcarers on your behalf to check for vacancies and arrange appointments for you to visit.
We have a duty to ensure there is enough childcare to meet parent’s needs. Use our online form to tell us if you haven’t been able to find the childcare you need.