Golden Tickets: Free childcare for 2-year-olds
A Golden Ticket allows you to access free childcare for your 2-year-old, if eligible. This could be a place in a nursery, preschool or with a childminder.
Only those providers that are judged as good or outstanding by Ofsted will be funded to admit 2-year-olds. Occasionally, if there are not enough good or outstanding places in an area, a provider with a ‘requires improvement’ outcome will be funded. You can find out where there are approved providers that take funded 2-year-olds here.
We receive information from the Department for Work and Pensions about eligible families and we send those families a Golden Ticket.
Your 2-year-old is eligible for free childcare if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Universal Tax Credits
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit – if you and your partner have a combined income from work of less than £15,400 a year after tax
- Child Tax Credit with an annual household taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) not over £16,190
- Working Tax Credits with an annual household taxable income (as assessed by HMRC) not over £16,190
- The Working Tax Credit 4 weeks run on
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
Or if your 2-year-old:
- attracts Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- is looked after by the Local Authority
- has left care through special guardianship or through an adoption order or residence order or
- has a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an Education, Health and Care Plan.
A Golden Ticket is also sent to the carers of 2-year-old children in care and to parents of children with a statement or education, health and care plan.
If you have not received a Golden Ticket but think you may be eligible, you can check your eligibility and apply at www.devon.gov.uk/twoyearoldfunding or call 0345 155 1013.
If you are the parent of an adopted child or a foster child where the child is in the care of another local authority please contact us on 01392 385530 or email email@example.com.