We would like to reassure you that we are closely monitoring the situation and working with the government and NHS.
For guidance on coronavirus and the latest information for Devon, visit Devon County Council’s coronavirus (COVID-19) advice pages.
Golden Tickets: Funded childcare for 2-year-olds
A Golden Ticket allows you to access funded childcare for your 2-year-old, if eligible. This could be a place in a nursery, preschool or with a childminder.
There are two types of Golden Tickets:
- If your ticket says that your child is entitled to funding, take your card to your chosen nursery, pre-school or childminder.
- If your ticket says that your child may be entitled to funding, you need to check your eligibility at www.devon.gov.uk/twoyearoldfunding and if eligible you will be given a number starting ‘TYF878’ and sent a letter to take to your chosen nursery, pre-school or childminder.
Only those providers that are judged as good or outstanding by Ofsted will be funded to admit 2-year-olds. Occasionally, if there are not enough good or outstanding places in an area, a provider with a ‘requires improvement’ outcome will be funded. You can find out where there are approved providers that take funded 2-year-olds here.
We receive information from the Department for Work and Pensions about families who may be eligible and we send those families a Golden Ticket.
Your 2-year-old is eligible for funded childcare if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
- tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Or if your 2-year-old:
- is looked after by the Local Authority
- have a statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- get Disability Living Allowance
- have left care under an adoption order, special guardianship order or a child arrangements order
If you’re a non-EEA citizen who cannot claim benefits
Your 2-year-old may get free childcare if you are getting support under the Immigration and Asylum Act and have either:
- claimed asylum in the UK and are waiting for a decision (known as ‘part 6’)
- been refused asylum in the UK (known as ‘section 4’)
A 2-year-old you care for may also get free childcare if your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, and you have either:
- leave to remain with ‘no recourse to public funds’ on family or private life grounds
- the right to live in the UK because you’re the main carer of a British citizen (known as a ‘Zambrano Carer’)
Find out more about these definitions at Gov.uk.
If you have not received a Golden Ticket but think you may be eligible, you can check your eligibility and apply at www.devon.gov.uk/twoyearoldfunding or call 0345 155 1013.
When you have checked eligibility, and the result is ineligible, and you feel that this is incorrect please contact us on 01392 385530 and then email firstname.lastname@example.org with evidence.
If you are the parent of an adopted child or a foster child where the child is in the care of another local authority please contact us on 01392 385530 or email email@example.com.
Golden Tickets are changing colour to Purple from June 2019, but there will still be two types. If you currently have a golden coloured ticket these are still valid.