Champions for Change Fun Day – 28th September 2019
Champions for Change is a network of children and young people in Devon who come together to work with us to improve services.
This is a group of young people with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) who believe that their voices should be heard and not ignored. You might already know about them from their campaign, “Listen, Hear, Understand” and the video they produced last year.
The group are keen that more young people can learn about how to get involved with Champions for Change and their right to have a say in the decisions that affect them, and so they have designed a Fun Day that is planned for Saturday 28th September 2019 at Tiverton Youth Centre. This event is supported by DYS Space* youth service.
Children and young people, along with their parents, will be able to:
- Make amazing arts and crafts to take home
- Find out more about Champions for Change
- Play games
- Vote in the UK Youth Parliament ‘Make Your Mark’ campaign
- Have a safe, quiet space to relax
- BETA test Devon’s SEND Local Offer website
- Use game consoles
- Find out more about Devon’s Parent Carer Forum
- Play pool or table tennis
- Find out what Devon Information, Advice and Support (DIAS) can do for you
- Eat cake
If you would like to come, please register using the link below:
You might even get a free pen….