SEND Funding – letter from Secretary of State
The Secretary of State has announced measures to address high needs pressures.
This announcement contains details of an increase to high needs funding for the financial years 2018 to 2019 and 2019 to 2020, as well as an increase in SEN capital funding.
The Secretary of State also details:
- lifting the cap on special and alternative provision free school bids
- funding additional cohorts of educational psychologists
- establishing a SEND system leadership board, details of which can be found in a letter from the Minister of Children and Families in Residential special schools and colleges: support for children
- reviewing SEND content in initial teacher training (ITT) and specialist SEND qualifications
- commissioning SEN Futures, a new research package