Our key priorities are based on what children and young people with SEND, families, and professionals have told us:
Building trust relies on doing what has been promised and communicating clearly about the decisions we make. We will build trust by:
- listening, hearing and understanding
- doing what we said we would do, and keeping them informed
Co-production should not just be a one-off task, but instead is an ongoing and evolving process of joint planning and delivery, as equal partners, that can give clear targets and outcomes over time.
We will provide opportunities to co-produce by:
- working together to shape services
- supporting them to make informed choices about the care and support they receive
Good access to help and support requires organisations to communicate effectively between each other and work together. We will provide access to help and support which is:
- early, easy to access, and provided through a system that is easy to navigate
- met in the right way, at the right time, by an integrated service
Improving their life chances starts with access to the same level of education as others, developing connections with local communities and receiving opportunities for further education, training and employment that suit individual needs.
We will support the life chances of children and young people with SEND:
- by having high aspirations for them to achieve
- preparing them for life, by gaining the skills to become independent and thrive